Past Jack Maibaum - delisted 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
You said biased reasons, so I thought you might know him, obviously fantasy s**t then

Biased reasons because I support the Eastern Ranges where he played and I keep an eye on how all ER players track.

From the ressies games I have seen on the streaming service, he is an old fashioned negating defender. Not sure whether he has the other attributes needed in the modern game.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
From the ressies games I have seen on the streaming service, he is an old fashioned negating defender. Not sure whether he has the other attributes needed in the modern game.
He does from what I have seen. His delivery is generally first class. His job is to negate just as is Reg's job. He's the Reg replacement

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Look forward to him getting some opportunities this year, and build a long career with Reg winding down. If he can establish himself as a lockdown defender on the taller forwards it’d give us the opportunity to free up Rampe from having to often play undersized as he did much of 2018.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Look forward to him getting some opportunities this year, and build a long career with Reg winding down. If he can establish himself as a lockdown defender on the taller forwards it’d give us the opportunity to free up Rampe from having to often play undersized as he did much of 2018.
That was Melican's job until he was injured. If he's fit, he will start ahead of Maibaum. Hope he really tears it up in Ressies and forces the Match Committee to think hard.

Deccas

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
There is room for maibum Melican and aliir long term imo. They are different enough players and from what Ive seen of melican and aliir, they are nimble enough to play on smaller forwards when rotations require it.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Seems like a quiet, levelled headed young fellow. I've been keen on him since we recruited him. We really need an old fashioned, shut-down full back (ie. a younger Reg). He will free up Melican to play at CHF and AA to play loose or on a flank.

Care to explain this one more, not aware of Melican playing CHF before?

That was Melican's job until he was injured. If he's fit, he will start ahead of Maibaum. Hope he really tears it up in Ressies and forces the Match Committee to think hard.
If Melican is fit then he'll play in the seniors. I can see Grundy being transitioned out over the course of the year or perhaps playing a different role should Maibaum display solid form. Maibaum's had two years in the system. The club has been impressed enough to give him a one-year extension so they must like what they've seen from him at NEAFL level and have a role in mind for him at the top level. I'd be surprised if we didn't see a debut from him at some point this season, it's a big year for him as he wouldn't be retained if it turns out he doesn't cut the mustard in the AFL. Hopefully, he takes his opportunities when they come as Grundy is 33 this year.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
If Melican is fit then he'll play in the seniors. I can see Grundy being transitioned out over the course of the year or perhaps playing a different role should Maibaum display solid form. Maibaum's had two years in the system. The club has been impressed enough to give him a one-year extension so they must like what they've seen from him at NEAFL level and have a role in mind for him at the top level. I'd be surprised if we didn't see a debut from him at some point this season, it's a big year for him as he wouldn't be retained if it turns out he doesn't cut the mustard in the AFL. Hopefully, he takes his opportunities when they come as Grundy is 33 this year.
Having said that how many years has rose been in the system for?

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
I think there is definitely space for all three of Aliir, Melican and Maibaum in the same team going forwards. Plenty of teams have two key talls in their forward line and will also rotate a resting ruckman through as well, generally when this happens we have seen Rampe shift on to a tall forward but that really isn't the best way to use him, he should be kept as free as possible to play as an intercepting and rebounding player. Alliir and Melican have the ability to play on smaller forwards too, so I don't think a backline that contained all these guys would necessarily be too tall.

Devastating for Maibaum as he looked sharp from what he showed thus far this pre-season. I fear what this will mean for his career as three years on the list without a senior game usually only ends one way, but hopefully he will have done enough to show the club he’s worth persisting with. I think he is IMO.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Devastating for Maibaum as he looked sharp from what he showed thus far this pre-season. I fear what this will mean for his career as three years on the list without a senior game usually only ends one way, but hopefully he will have done enough to show the club he’s worth persisting with. I think he is IMO.

If he shows the right attitude, preparation and dedication to his rehab, the club will give him another year imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back