Past Jack Maibaum - delisted 2020

Imagine the year Maibaum could of had this year, I think he is largely forgotten but was definately on track for senior footy and looked the goods. His injury could not have been more mistimed given how he was tracking.

Imagine the year Maibaum could of had this year, I think he is largely forgotten but was definately on track for senior footy and looked the goods. His injury could not have been more mistimed given how he was tracking.

Yep, hopefully the club keeps him around.

alex4445

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2006
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney

I always liked his defensive work at NEAFL and feel that he should have gotten a debut last year when Melican was out.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
No not instead of Allir, Grundy missed 6 games in 2018 mostly towards the end of the year so there was a chance to get him some experience playing that Grundy role in the backline.
He was recruited with a longer term view and was never going to play prior to this year (source). Looked pretty solid in the pre-season and definitely was on track for this year, especially once Grundy went down. Hope they keep him, he’s a solid lad!

Good call to bring him back. Would have been unfair to him to delist him after doing an ACL in his make or break contract year.

Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I am happy he was relisted. He has missed a whole year. But he is a fourth year player so he has the benefits of being physically developed and already knowing the defensive structures. He looked good in his second year and I thought he was a chance for a senior game late in that season.

I think there will be an open spot in defence for either Brand/Melican/McCartin/Maibaum.

Back