21. Jack Petruccelle (2018 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack has now outlasted Venables for a spot in the team, so could easily hold his place until Rioli is back. Has to keep using his speed as a weapon though, starting tomorrow against last years runner up.

Here's hoping he adds to his rapidly growing highlight reel.

While it was a dirty night for the Eagles, Jack had a breakout game kicking 5 goals 2 behinds including the entire Eagles first half score. 14 kicks, 4 handballs, 7 marks, 3 tackles.

Finished with 60% of the total Eagles score, which is both great and terrible.

This man will be a genuine star, which is pretty great for pick 38 in a draft year where we had a lot of picks and appear to have hit with most of them.

Pretty much a certainty for the rising star nomination this round, especially given his highlight reel from previous rounds.

This performance should lock in his spot until the bye.

As Jack's sponsor in 2021, its disappointing to me that he seems to be struggling with a lack of desire to impact the contest and use his speed. He featured for us in Round 1, where he was invisible for a whole half of footy against the Suns before racking up 6 possessions, an important run down tackle, and a goal in the final quarter.

Dropped for Round 2, he played for the Beagles and was observed to be looking disinterested on the field; his game was average at best.

So whats the issue? Is this something that the coaches and team psychologist need to be getting on top of? Can he turn it around this year? Does he have a future at the footy club? Stay tuned.

As Jack's sponsor in 2021, its disappointing to me that he seems to be struggling with a lack of desire to impact the contest and use his speed. He featured for us in Round 1, where he was invisible for a whole half of footy against the Suns before racking up 6 possessions, an important run down tackle, and a goal in the final quarter.

Dropped for Round 2, he played for the Beagles and was observed to be looking disinterested on the field; his game was average at best.

So whats the issue? Is this something that the coaches and team psychologist need to be getting on top of? Can he turn it around this year? Does he have a future at the footy club? Stay tuned.
Has gone backwards since that game last season (or maybe late 2019?) when he got run down after trying to put on the afterburners and brutally slung (tore his jumper in half IIR) and was pinged HTB for it. Maybe it smashed the confidence out of him.

Has gone backwards since that game last season (or maybe late 2019?) when he got run down after trying to put on the afterburners and brutally slung (tore his jumper in half IIR) and was pinged HTB for it. Maybe it smashed the confidence out of him.

2019 Vs Melbourne

Same game Liam Ryan took that mark over Gawn

Venables last game also 😭

I thought he was better against the Power, but still made some frustrating mistakes (conceding free-kicks, HTB). I think he's ahead of Langdon, maybe only just behind J.Jones after his 3 goal performance against the Bulldogs.

I agree Mudguts12 kane249, the willingness to use his speed seems to have reduced markedly. One of his best weapons is to sprint forward in transition and run into the F50 - the coaching staff need to remind him of that.

I'd keep him in, sponsor bias aside. He had a bad hammy injury last year but was developing nicely before then. Winder's performance in the WAFL will keep up the pressure for spots, which is a good thing.

8 games in 2022 for Jack tells a story of repeat hamstring injuries preventing continuity and consolidation of his game, along with patchy form. He enjoyed playing against the Gold Coast this year, and kicked 5 goals in 2 games, but only 3 in the other 6. You get the feeling that 2023 is a crucial year for Jack to get his body right, play 15+ games and contribute more consistently, otherwise he may become trade bait / delist material.

Tactically some on-ball time may assist in getting him involved in games and to help him use his speed, otherwise kicking, positioning and decision making need to improve to help him be in the right places and contribute to forward play.

Best of luck to Jack in 2023 and it's been great to be his sponsor for the last two years, for three in total.

8 games in 2022 for Jack tells a story of repeat hamstring injuries preventing continuity and consolidation of his game, along with patchy form. He enjoyed playing against the Gold Coast this year, and kicked 5 goals in 2 games, but only 3 in the other 6. You get the feeling that 2023 is a crucial year for Jack to get his body right, play 15+ games and contribute more consistently, otherwise he may become trade bait / delist material.

Tactically some on-ball time may assist in getting him involved in games and to help him use his speed, otherwise kicking, positioning and decision making need to improve to help him be in the right places and contribute to forward play.

Best of luck to Jack in 2023 and it's been great to be his sponsor for the last two years, for three in total.
wallaceandgromit-gun.gif

Looking forward to Petch cementing his spot and proving all of the haters wrong under my stewardship.

#standbypetch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back