Delisted 21. Jacob Kennerley (2019 - 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

With Pick 50 in the 2018 National Draft GFC selects Jacob Kennerley

GO Catters

Last edited:

Seems quick and good runner - decent skills to.

Pick 50 could roll into anything.

GO Catters

Nice story, sounds like a resilient lad.

https://outline.com/BvcqmP
It was easy to shed a tear reading that. I was in a similar situation around the same age, except for the suicide part of the story.

I like this pick and reckon he could turn out to be an ok player.

Wow, thanks Boris, what a story. Hope his mum, sister and grandma get pride of place in our Country v City match this year. My office is in Norwood, and the at local shop I have just been abused for us pinching all the SA boys !!! I am certain about Krueger being a good player,but I am really going to look out for Kennerley now.

This is a good selection, exactly what we needed. Someone who can find space, good endurance, good by foot, and seems to find the pill.

He isn't lightening quick, but quick enough with a decent tank where we should be able to use him on the outside. I'd say his pace is more like Mitch Duncan, and his foot skills are somewhat the equivalent.

He also looks like he will find more of the football than a Jordan Murdoch by comparison which he effectively replaces in the squad. He doesn't have the pace of Murdoch, but he is more a natural footballer that should find the footy more. This kid will use his engine to get on the outside to present as a loose man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like a good all round footballer - I don't see the quickness others mentioned though. Might be filling the GHS list spot as general mid but he should play well in the VFL without issues I'd say.

Looks like a good all round footballer - I don't see the quickness others mentioned though. Might be filling the GHS list spot as general mid but he should play well in the VFL without issues I'd say.

He's very different to GHS. Mum more outside. Played exceptionally well against VM I think it was in the carnival. Had the ball on a string that game.

He's very different to GHS. Mum more outside. Played exceptionally well against VM I think it was in the carnival. Had the ball on a string that game.
Obvious disclaimers about highlights videos etc but was impressed with his ability to create space in tight - reminds me of Parfitt and Christensen. Be interesting to see how his inside game builds over the next few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back