Delisted 21. Jacob Kennerley (2019 - 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Interestingly I went and had a look at the testing numbers for the kids at the start of the year. Kennerly had a fantastic set of numbers. He had the third highest VO2 max of any kid tested in SA. He ran a 21.7 in the yoyo which is super elite and also ran a 2.92 20m which is also super elite. They are such good numbers for a kid who can actually play footy and use the ball well.

Wow, I didn’t realise his 20m was that good.

foodles05

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Wow, I didn’t realise his 20m was that good.

Yeah I find that the 20m sprint varies the most of any test depending on where they are tested so it might be slightly inflated (as in better than normal) but regardless if you record that you definitely have good speed. I noticed for example that in WA the state combine numbers for the 20 seemed very quick compared to the national combine. You can sometime get really shitty surfaces or really springy ones but as I said it doesn't really matter cause if you run 2.92 on any surface you are flat out quick.

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah I find that the 20m sprint varies the most of any test depending on where they are tested so it might be slightly inflated (as in better than normal) but regardless if you record that you definitely have good speed. I noticed for example that in WA the state combine numbers for the 20 seemed very quick compared to the national combine. You can sometime get really shitty surfaces or really springy ones but as I said it doesn't really matter cause if you run 2.92 on any surface you are flat out quick.

I wonder how that places Tarca’s 20m sprint at the state combine against the national rankings.

foodles05

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I wonder how that places Tarca’s 20m sprint at the state combine against the national rankings.

Nah the test from Kennels was pre-season so it was on a different surface. Looking at the times in general at the SA state screening Tarca's time looks completely legit. There weren't any surprising numbers that made the testing look suspect. I have watched him play live quite a bit as well and he is definitely quick. 2.96 is what I would expect from Tarca.

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Both Kennerley and Jarvis hail from Enright territory.

Yep, Eyre Peninsula boys along with Shaun Rehn, Shane and Darryl Wakelin, Brett Chalmers, Sam Mayes, and Levi Greenwood. They're generally pretty tough out there. Kreuger and Tarca are both from the Fleurieu, whose footy league I don't believe is very strong, though it has produced Ryan Griffen and Tony Modra.

Max Milburn

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep, Eyre Peninsula boys along with Shaun Rehn, Shane and Darryl Wakelin, Brett Chalmers, Sam Mayes, and Levi Greenwood. They're generally pretty tough out there. Kreuger and Tarca are both from the Fleurieu, whose footy league I don't believe is very strong, though it has produced Ryan Griffen and Tony Modra.
:thumbsu: Went to Kangaroo Is a couple of weeks ago, driving through Fleurieu. There are five stand alone teams on KI! Very healthy comp apparently.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
His endurance is terrific, as he puts on size they need to keep that advantage and he'll be an elite two way runner.
Add quick acceleration and he's a potential weapon in the making.
Yeah, exactly. I think he can read the play very well, so he should have more upside in comparison to say a Murdoch. I think he has a versatile height also at 186, as outside midfielders can vary quite a bit in height/weight.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah, exactly. I think he can read the play very well, so he should have more upside in comparison to say a Murdoch. I think he has a versatile height also at 186, as outside midfielders can vary quite a bit in height/weight.

He may put on a couple of cms yet but he's a nice size already and can certainly shift.
I can see him spreading to receive using his endurance and speed to separate from opponents.
Should turn out a pretty good link player if they role play him to his strengths.

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
He may put on a couple of cms yet but he's a nice size already and can certainly shift.
I can see him spreading to receive using his endurance and speed to separate from opponents.
Should turn out a pretty good link player if they role play him to his strengths.

His mental strength and character are his most admirable traits imo. To lose his father at such a young age and in the way he did, then to move to boarding school away from family and not only succeed but take Jarvis under his wing and build him up. Not to mention he broke the 2km record at the combine, which show his determination, competitiveness, grit and perseverance.

He’s certainly my favourite of the draftees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
His mental strength and character are his most admirable traits imo. To lose his father at such a young age and in the way he did, then to move to boarding school away from family and not only succeed but take Jarvis under his wing and build him up. Not to mention he broke the 2km record at the combine, which show his determination, competitiveness, grit and perseverance.

He’s certainly my favourite of the draftees.

Wasn't aware of his family situation, he certainly has been through difficult circumstances in life as a kid which looks to have shaped his desire to do well.
Sometimes things like that become an advantage over others with similar talents.

I love guys that can run all day and by doing start finding separation from opponents and taggers.
Kennerley, Brownless and Clarke all have elite endurance, l think they need to develop a special group of aerobic freaks if they want elite two way pressure mids.
If his football matches his running we might have a surprise packet.
I hope you enjoy his stellar rise 2019.

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

Jacob Kennerley

Height: 184cm Weight: 76kg

Originally from: Cummins Ramblers/Norwood

Born: 16 Jun 2000 (18 years old)

First drafted: 2018 (18 years old)

https://www.draftguru.com.au/players/jacob_kennerley/1

Because I have a fetish for knowing a players height and weight.

Those were his measurements at the start of the year. I assume that site has taken it from the state squad stats here:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/game-development/nab-afl-rising-star-program/u18s/south-australia

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Wasn't aware of his family situation, he certainly has been through difficult circumstances in life as a kid which looks to have shaped his desire to do well.
Sometimes things like that become an advantage over others with similar talents.

I love guys that can run all day and by doing start finding separation from opponents and taggers.
Kennerley, Brownless and Clarke all have elite endurance, l think they need to develop a special group of aerobic freaks if they want elite two way pressure mids.
If his football matches his running we might have a surprise packet.
I hope you enjoy his stellar rise 2019.
This is absolutely what our team needs, those two way gut-running types, especially the mid-sized +185 types that can pressure in the air as much as on the ground.

In a couple of weeks he'll be having 1 on 1 sessions with Ottens
I would laugh but I do know some teenagers that grew taller over a short period of time.
You tend to notice it when you are built as low to the ground as I am.

Lana

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
Are you able to share the conditions of your pledge? Seems like you’ve been GWS for ages.

The pledge refers to the annual lets all be friends pledges that this board likes to have

At this point the GWS thing is just inertia, it doesn't matter what team is in that spot. Its not as if there is a loyalty oath that needs to be made when linking a team to your bigfooty profile

Remove this Banner Ad

Back