Player Watch #21: Jacob Townsend - JJ Liston Medalist 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

Feels weird to say this but I nominated him as my favourite player when renewing my membership. Will be very happy if he stays.

Hope we find a spot for him. Love how he goes about it. Not that skilled or quick but good clubs need good characters and he's as hard as nails. That tackle on Crouch in the GF really seemed to change the momentum our way. Handy depth and we moved a lot of our depth on to give the youngsters a chance to show what they can do. Towners worth keeping IMO.

Rather a young kid take his spot on rookie list.He is limited and shown this season couldn't maintain his game or further improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liston trophy winner so plays elite at that level. An AFL premiership player as well. Inspires teammates with controlled aggression and doesn’t give away dumb free kicks are just a few.
Hard to disagree with you on this one
Towner will make an excellent capatano

Only thing about Towner being captain is he isn’t big on the speaking stuff. More of a deeds man.
I guess for VFL captain (which I hope everyone’s talking about), there’s no need for any public speaking or anything. There’d be a range of senior players in the VFL able to provide that voice for the kids in there too - put simply you can get away with just leading by example in the VFL.

That being said, I didn’t think you could be VFL captain as an AFL listed player anyway. Morris only got the gig after being delisted.

Astounded that he hasn't been picked up by another club, he has his limitations but he'd be best 22 or address an area of need for a few different clubs

We obviously chose Menzel ahead of him to address our forward weakness, but there's plenty of clubs that could do with a player like him.

Will be a good outcome for you guys if you can keep him given the depth you've lost

Astounded that he hasn't been picked up by another club, he has his limitations but he'd be best 22 or address an area of need for a few different clubs

We obviously chose Menzel ahead of him to address our forward weakness, but there's plenty of clubs that could do with a player like him.

Will be a good outcome for you guys if you can keep him given the depth you've lost
He may of been happy to stay at the Tigers.
Im sure once there is an injury he will be the 1st upgraded

Remove this Banner Ad

Back