Traded 21. Jordan Murdoch (2012-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Any player that breaks into the side in his first season let alone the third choice selection is in my mind a potential star.
That's one massive step to take.
That was a great pick 48 if ever there was, I couldn't believe our luck.

I noticed that AFL.com.au released today all the teams for round one, if they were played this weekend. (of course they would be subject to enormous pre-season change!)

the J-Doc didn't make didn't make our 22, but then again neither did a plethora of young guns who would be pushing to make the cut.

However:

"Veterans Joel Corey and Paul Chapman are clinging to their spots, with young guns Billie Smedts, Jordan Murdoch, Cameron Guthrie, George Horlin-Smith and Jesse Stringer waiting in the wings."

Also makes reference to Menzel unlikely to play the first few rounds, given we'd phase back in to the seniors through the reserves. I wonder how this will stack up in hindsight come pre-season drawing to a close?

I noticed that AFL.com.au released today all the teams for round one, if they were played this weekend. (of course they would be subject to enormous pre-season change!)

the J-Doc didn't make didn't make our 22, but then again neither did a plethora of young guns who would be pushing to make the cut.

However:

"Veterans Joel Corey and Paul Chapman are clinging to their spots, with young guns Billie Smedts, Jordan Murdoch, Cameron Guthrie, George Horlin-Smith and Jesse Stringer waiting in the wings."

Also makes reference to Menzel unlikely to play the first few rounds, given we'd phase back in to the seniors through the reserves. I wonder how this will stack up in hindsight come pre-season drawing to a close?

Link:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150669/default.aspx

However:

The team is so dumb it has Kelly in it even though he is suspended rd 1. Really ought to do his research before posting the rd 1 teams. Also I fully expect Menzel to be playing rd 1 and absolutely ripping the hawks apart in punishment for the ACL he suffered against them

The team is so dumb it has Kelly in it even though he is suspended rd 1. Really ought to do his research before posting the rd 1 teams. Also I fully expect Menzel to be playing rd 1 and absolutely ripping the hawks apart in punishment for the ACL he suffered against them

They started him back in the 2nds last season, I wouldn't be surprised if they started him there again.

Gee Fred...if he's fit you play him surely. He will have a few runs in the NAB Cup as well as a full pre-season.

I guess its up to the medicos, but if they give him the all clear, I dont see much value in playing him in the VFL where he is just as likely to get injured....like last year!

If he's fit, he plays.

Gee Fred...if he's fit you play him surely. He will have a few runs in the NAB Cup as well as a full pre-season.

I guess its up to the medicos, but if they give him the all clear, I dont see much value in playing him in the VFL where he is just as likely to get injured....like last year!

If he's fit, he plays.

Yep, agreed, I'd play him but I'm neither a doctor or a selector.
It probably depends upon just how much work and match practice he gets in pre-season.

If he's fit, he plays.
Yep, agreed, I'd play him but I'm neither a doctor or a selector.
It probably depends upon just how much work and match practice he gets in pre-season.

I know we're digressing from the J-Doch, but I'm interested to know (inspired by my near absence of knowledge when it comes to how injuries effect players careers) isn't it quite likely that after 18 months of continual injury, Menzel won't be that great anyway? Of course he'll get a few games in the NAB cup which should warm him up quite a bit, but to what degree is it likely that he's injuries have rendered him an average player (whereas he was rapidly rising pre injury) upon which he won't improve that much?

I know we're digressing from the J-Doch, but I'm interested to know (inspired by my near absence of knowledge when it comes to how injuries effect players careers) isn't it quite likely that after 18 months of continual injury, Menzel won't be that great anyway? Of course he'll get a few games in the NAB cup which should warm him up quite a bit, but to what degree is it likely that he's injuries have rendered him an average player (whereas he was rapidly rising pre injury) upon which he won't improve that much?
Talent doesn't just evaporate. Plus he seems to be working extremely hard now to get the rest of of his body into tip top condition. Add that to his great attitude and strong prognosis from the docs and I think that he'll be back better than ever.

Any player that breaks into the side in his first season let alone the third choice selection is in my mind a potential star.
That's one massive step to take.
That was a great pick 48 if ever there was, I couldn't believe our luck.

He has good height at 190 cm and seems to be able to take marks over head. He has good pace and a long left foot.

I see him as a future half back running and carrying the ball out of defense and breaking the lines in a similar way to Wojac.

I think that he will be a regular player in 2013. But that is just my opinion.

Talent doesn't just evaporate. Plus he seems to be working extremely hard now to get the rest of of his body into tip top condition. Add that to his great attitude and strong prognosis from the docs and I think that he'll be back better than ever.

yeh good points, you look at Wojcinski who suffered a knee injury and it did not effect his speed or ability whatsoever and he did his knee at 24.
Brett Burton was another player who suffered an ACL but made a return late into his career and did not lose any of his natural spring.
The only player I remember who never was the same again after doing the knees was David Schwarz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back