Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Here's a bit of goss.

Noah's brother Patrick is training with our VFL side.

Spoiler alert: He's the tallest one in the photo.

That's all I have for now but I'll share more as it comes to hand - you'll see my track record when it comes to the Croatian boys.
20211126_183430.jpg

Wrenny

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Here's a bit of goss.

That's all I have for now but I'll share more as it comes to hand - you'll see my track record when it comes to the Croatian boys.View attachment 1287969
Dud, delist.

loser 81 2 16

Team Captain
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Here's a bit of goss. Noah's brother Patrick is training with our VFL side. Spoiler alert: He's the tallest one in the photo. That's all I have for now but I'll share more as it comes to hand - you'll see my track record when it comes to the Croatian boys.

Well I am glad I came here. Was just about to post a complaint on the main draft thread about big ivy...and why the hell hasn't he provided at least one distant relative for the team this year :)

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Here's a bit of goss.

That's all I have for now but I'll share more as it comes to hand - you'll see my track record when it comes to the Croatian boys.View attachment 1287969
I was hoping he was the ranger

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Here's a bit of goss.

Sorry just re-read the text I got and it doesn't say "brother".

I must have just connected dots that weren't there - it's his cousin.

Moppey

Team Captain
Oct 24, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Just a question. Do people think Tarrant a better performed KPD than Balta. I for one do.

Tarrant is not there just to replace Astbury he is now our # ONE KPD.

The way i see it Tarrant allows us to replace Astbury with a similar type. For atm that type is Miller.

For sure a Tarrant Balta combo is the best combo but it is not the only combo that can work.

Playing Miller and he plays well does wonders for our list it also gives Gibcus time to develop along with Nyuon.Moving forward which is what this post is all about then we are looking after our kpd stocks and adding to our sorely depleted key forward stocks.

I have mentioned this before we only have two key forwards on the list and both are vets one is probably in his last season they are JR 33 and TL 29.

Balta looks like he could develop into a top end defender or forward for us its way more important that he plays forward this year and for when JR retires. Sometimes we just have to look further ahead than just the coming season.

Just a question. Do people think Tarrant a better performed KPD than Balta. I for one do.

Tarrant is not there just to replace Astbury he is now our # ONE KPD.

The way i see it Tarrant allows us to replace Astbury with a similar type. For atm that type is Miller.

For sure a Tarrant Balta combo is the best combo but it is not the only combo that can work.

Playing Miller and he plays well does wonders for our list it also gives Gibcus time to develop along with Nyuon.Moving forward which is what this post is all about then we are looking after our kpd stocks and adding to our sorely depleted key forward stocks.

I have mentioned this before we only have two key forwards on the list and both are vets one is probably in his last season they are JR 33 and TL 29.

Balta looks like he could develop into a top end defender or forward for us its way more important that he plays forward this year and for when JR retires. Sometimes we just have to look further ahead than just the coming season.

This tastes like s**t, but, "I agree with you"

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
Here's a bit of goss.

we dont have a list spot though right, since we took all 5 picks?

Feb 26, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
We have room for another Cat B rookie
if google is to be correct and he's the patrik balta that shows up in the searches, then i don't think we can take him as a cat b as he has played football at a club in the last 3 years or w/e the rule is.

but us not being able to take him as a cat b doesn't matter i think. patrik rucking in the vfl actually allows us to play samson ryan as a kpf more, allow colina when he comes over to also build his footy fitness as a kpf/backup ruck. and then should we try, allow gibcus to learn fwd craft behind 2 absolute giants of men (ryan 206cm, colina 213cm), so he can cop the 2nd/3rd best defender

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I think Noah has shown AA calibre potential as a defender.
Yet to see anything close to that potential as a forward so far, put the aces in their places.
We've got an AA potential CHB on our hands.

The big intercepting defenders are the cornerstones of the best teams in the way the game is currently played, and probably has been for the last decade. The forwards might get the big bucks and media love, but it's the defence that is the most important to get right.

Not sure why people are so keen to move the closest thing to Rance we have to an untried forward position.

Yet to see anything close to that potential as a forward so far, put the aces in their places.

The big intercepting defenders are the cornerstones of the best teams in the way the game is currently played, and probably has been for the last decade. The forwards might get the big bucks and media love, but it's the defence that is the most important to get right.

Not sure why people are so keen to move the closest thing to Rance we have to an untried forward position.

Cause forwards are sexy. And we only have 2 A grade KPFs. Both of who are older. JR especially. In 2021 JR showed he is on his last legs, being the 3rd best KPF in goal scoring in the AFL. Obviously about to drop away and become useless.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Cause forwards are sexy. And we only have 2 A grade KPFs. Both of who are older. JR especially. In 2021 JR showed he is on his last legs, being the 3rd best KPF in goal scoring in the AFL. Obviously about to drop away and become useless.
Yea, and how many years do we think Grimes and Tarrant have left? Turn 33 and 31 in 2022, so defence just as much needs the next wave, and we already have one of those pieces confirmed as an A grader if we want it in Balta.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond

He has not played forward in about 2 years when he was about 19 years old with a few games under his belt, so not really fair to say he hasn't shown anything.
Our tall forwards were average at best last year. Jack was good enough to kick 50 goals but got very little possessions outside 50m. Lynch even less.

We went into 3/4 time towards then end of the year with sometimes 4 or 5 goals to our name. We could not score and won the spoon from half way on. Of course injury was instrumental, but we have lost CCJ and Chol who played in between the arcs for much of the year, who is going to take that role.

Give Miller a crack at CHF then, but we need somebody tall to kick down the line to. Always thought it would have been great to give Rance a crack at CHF as well, imagine the nightmare of playing against a forward line with Jack and Rance in it.

I think coaches need to try new things, if they don't work then go back to what does. Beside CHF is still the most important position on the field, for all we know Balta may be the next AA CHF.

Last edited:

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
if google is to be correct and he's the patrik balta that shows up in the searches, then i don't think we can take him as a cat b as he has played football at a club in the last 3 years or w/e the rule is.
You sure you aren't seeing soccer club stats?
I haven't exactly done anything more than a quick Google, but I can't find anything AFL club related

Back