Senior 21. Oliver Wiltshire (2023 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

With Pick 61 in the 2023 National Draft Geelong have selected:

Oliver Wilsthire.

Wells smokey is in !!

GO Catters

Last edited:
The Wells special plucked from the KP kick to kick league.

GO Catters

Have followed Oli’s career more closely than most.
the upside is massive.
great pick.
bit pissed we lose him from Barwon heads, but rapt for him

Last edited:

“He’s a beauty. He’s quick, he’s got a massive tank, magnificent skills on both sides of the body, he’s inside, he’s outside, he reads the play well, he’s courageous,’’ Donati said. “There’s not much of him – he’s got to fill out – but he’s got all the tricks."

“I played him every game last year – I think he missed one with concussion – and he just blossomed. To be runner-up in the ‘B&F’ as a 19-year-old, that’s pretty rare, and from what I’m led to believe he’s dominated this year.’’

Donati added: “He’s a ripper. I’d be so happy for him if that (getting drafted) happened. It would be great for the club and the competition too.’’

Hard to say. He needs to add some size.
Mercurial like Stevie J.
wow... thats some high compliments dropping SJ on this board.....

Hope you are right.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another Ollie up forward, we aiming to fill every position?
I like the idea of him playing with Messrs Henry, Dempsey and Mullin, and if the play goes a certain way getting the opportunity to yell out, "Ollie, Ollie, Ollie, oi oi Oisin, Ollie, Oison, Ollie, Oisin, Ollie, Ollie, Ollie"

Youngster that shows some genuine potential to make it it,
Needs to build up body strength to do so.
Will benefit from being in AFL environment

Its funny how shifter referred to 180cm ...he is usually all over the players. This article ..mentioned the growth ...to 190cm. Seems a nice height. Speed? Who knows. I want to see his numbers as if he was tested at a combine. He looks like he is a class above the Barwon heads comp. Lets see how he goes at VFL. To me its a Dempsey pick. Oozzing talent at a couple of levels down....

BFNL: Barwon Heads star Luke Davis says Oli Wiltshire should chase AFL dream​

A star Seagull has been implored to chase a footy dream after reports surfaced about AFL clubs’ interest in the mature-aged prospect.

Les Ash Medalist Luke Davis believes one of his young teammates should chase the dream of playing professional football after being linked to an AFL club this season.
Seagull Oli Wiltshire was reported to be the target of Geelong for a rookie list spot after a stunning season in the BFNL, becoming one of the competition’s best goal-kicking midfielders.

Davis said he did not regret his move to a greater competition when he left Barwon Heads for South Barwon in the GFNL, but Wiltshire’s trajectory could be even greater.

“I obviously didn’t see him play much last year, but this year seriously he’s a star,” he said.

“I think if you put 5-10 kilos on him he’d be the best player going around anywhere, up forward he reads the ball well in the air, kicks goals, in the mids he gives us a different look, he’s good inside because he’s clean, but he’s good outside because he is really quick, so where do you like him?

Oliver Wiltshire kicks a goal against Modewarre. Picture: Mark Wilson

Oliver Wiltshire kicks a goal against Modewarre. Picture: Mark Wilson
“I’d love to play footy with him but … last year when I signed on I said to him ‘if you want to go higher that’s probably the best thing for you’ and at the end of the day it’s up to him, but I think he can play a lot higher level footy and if he asks me about it I’d be telling him to go higher for sure.”

Wiltshire played at the Geelong Falcons in 2021 but was far from a star at the level, averaging just 9.7 disposals and 2.3 tackles in his seven games as a top-age prospect.

He ranked seventh in the preseason testing for agility across the potential draft class in 2020.

But the 20 year old, who is set to celebrate his 21st birthday on Friday, has put on substantial size after ending his draft year as a 180cm, 67kg prospect.

Wiltshire is an apparent target for AFL clubs like Geelong. Picture: Mark Wilson

Wiltshire is an apparent target for AFL clubs like Geelong. Picture: Mark Wilson

Wiltshire is now just shy of 190cm and has added size to his frame while keeping his athletic traits, causing the young star to dominate across the BFNL season.

He finished seventh in the competition for goals kicked this season, slotting 51 across 18 games despite playing as a midfielder for the majority of the year.

Wiltshire booted 12 goals against Modewarre in round 4, as well as four other games with five majors each.

“He’s so clean with the ball, he’s so wiry, he kicked 12 goals against Modewarre, he kicks bags and he gets clean marks, he’s a good kick of the ball,” Davis said.

“He’s just a really smart, intuitive player, I think he’ll go a really long way, it’s really exciting.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back