Senior #21: Tom Liberatore

Remove this Banner Ad

#21: Tom Liberatore (Libba, T-Bone, the Extractor)

DSC00602_1.JPG

Photo taken by [name]Old_Dog[/name]

DOB: 16th May, 1992

Drafted: Pick 41 (father-son), 2010 AFL Draft (recruited from Calder Cannons U18)

Height: 180cm Weight: 80kg

2011 Review:

Games: 16
Goals: 4
Subsituted: r18 (on)
Best and Fairest: Outside top 10
Dreamteam: 1116 points; $250,800 (+$158,300)
Supercoach: 1198 points; $313,900 (+$210,300)

Contract status: End of 2016

Stats history: Tom Liberatore (AFL Tables)

One of two Bulldog father-son selections in the 2010 draft, Tom Liberatore's impressive pre season form rewarded him with an immediate debut. He proved to be a capable midfielder in his own right, and was named in the best players in the first two rounds. Opposition teams no doubt paid him closer attention as his impact diminished for several weeks.

He gathered 25 disposals and booted 2 goals (both from outside 50m) against Richmond in round 8. He tried hard in the horrendous loss to West Coast a week later. An inevitable form slump and mid season fatigue saw him miss rounds 14-17, but he returned to the team for the remainder of the season. In that time, his best game yielded 27 disposals against Port Adelaide.

Overall he finished 6th at the club in contested possessions (153), clearances (66) and tackles (77), despite missing 6 games.

Not surprisingly, Liberatore won the Bulldogs' award for best first year player, but was amazingly overlooked for a rising star nomination.

A taller version of his famous father, Liberatore is a tough hard tackling left footer. What sets him apart is longer delivery on both feet. With improved fitness, his quick hands and good vision will no doubt make him a crucial part of the Bulldogs' midfield for years to come.

A selection of past threads about Thomas:

Another toast, this one for Lil' Libba (2011)

Best #21 the club has had in ages (2011)

Mitchell Wallis & Thomas Liberatore (2009)

Libba going from strength to strength

"The Western Bulldogs have not set a ceiling for midfielder Tom Liberatore’s improvement this year, putting faith in the continued rapid development of the 20-year-old in 2013."

Will Tom be our next Scott West? Its looking like it. Super impressed with him this year, he looks like a veteran. I'm willing to say he can be better than west as he has a better kick and hopefully can be a bit more offensive in time.

I know that Libba had an amazing year, but I was just looking through his stats for an argument on the main board, and they are bloody impressive. He was ranked top 10 this year for average clearances (1st), contested possessions (3rd) and tackles (10th). Also ranked just outside the top 20 for average disposals (21st) and 19th in effective disposals. All for a 21 year old. Absolutely crazy.

I know that Libba had an amazing year, but I was just looking through his stats for an argument on the main board, and they are bloody impressive. He was ranked top 10 this year for average clearances (1st), contested possessions (3rd) and tackles (10th). Also ranked just outside the top 20 for average disposals (21st) and 19th in effective disposals. All for a 21 year old. Absolutely crazy.
Doesn't some of those statistics for teams that made finals add up for those players?

Already is a gun. :D

Doesn't some of those statistics for teams that made finals add up for those players?

Already is a gun. :D

That's why I went for averages :p But still he's high up for totals as well, he is already an elite inside mid.

I think it'd be appropriate to bump this Dog Tag with a 'you ******* beauty' for Libba, and a glimpse into the future of his trophy room at home.

That's right, Libba will need an entire room for his trophies.
SouthWest_Trophy_Wall_FINALaE1.png

This is just the North-East wall.

I think it'd be appropriate to bump this Dog Tag with a 'you ******* beauty' for Libba, and a glimpse into the future of his trophy room at home.

That's right, Libba will need an entire room for his trophies.
SouthWest_Trophy_Wall_FINALaE1.png

This is just the North-East wall.
I hear Bontempelli and Liberatore are going halves in a multi-million dollar mansion. It will be their trophy house.

I hear Bontempelli and Liberatore are going halves in a multi-million dollar mansion. It will be their trophy house.
They can buy the house next door to Eddie's place in Toorak, so he can come over for a barbecue and violently turn several shades of purple at all the trophies on the wall, after we snatched Bontempelli from under their noses and Libba rejected their apparent offer.

Hey guys in general how do players come back after knee recos? Are they ever as good as they were? Just thinking about this kid - was about to hit his straps big time. Which players have come back after knee recos and gone on to continue tearing it up in the afl?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys in general how do players come back after knee recos? Are they ever as good as they were? Just thinking about this kid - was about to hit his straps big time. Which players have come back after knee recos and gone on to continue tearing it up in the afl?

Tony Liberatore
Robbie Gray
Nick Malceski

Most comparable with Libba Jnr - Lenny Hayes

Thanks, good to know that champions can bounce back. Damn I feel for the bugger...
Vossy had a horrific leg break as well, so gun players just spend time away from the game, do their rehab, and re-emerge as gun players.

Robert Murphy should also be mentioned in the above list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back