22,927 attendance for Collingwood home game

Remove this Banner Ad

But the point of the thread is that North's crowds shouldn't be criticised o_O

Their crowds are consistently as low as any other Vic club, while ours are one of the highest. All this despite missing the finals 4 years in a row now.

One swallow doesn't make a summer - it's like arguing a team is no good because they happened to lose a game. It doesn't make any sense.

So the subtext to this is the argument from North, Doggies Melbourne etc that the Pies get big crowds because of favourable fixturing. So when you get a s**t timeslot (like they do) and draw no crowd it validates that argument.

I'd rather enjoy watching us knock "big clubs" like Richmond out of the finals. Jesus that was funny :)
Yes, living off the memories of yesteryear's is all you lot have...sad and pathetic

NO ONE.............and I mean..........NO ONE...........can ever have a crack at my club about attendances again!

The discussion is DEAD!

This is not meant to rile pies fans, I get that you have had a frustrating year, but I doubt i'll ever get a better opportunity to prove a point.
Thats 22K today not in a year.

Says someone who is excited about crowd sizes lol.
Excited?...Me?.. I mean could be, however thats a claim the AFL's perennial hobos will ever make

So the subtext to this is the argument from North, Doggies Melbourne etc that the Pies get big crowds because of favourable fixturing. So when you get a s**t timeslot (like they do) and draw no crowd it validates that argument.
We often play in the Sunday 3:20 timeslot, and we regularly pull in good numbers. Since 2015:

vs Hawthorn round 15 2017 - 56 593
vs Geelong round 6 2017 - 46 457
vs St Kilda round 4 2017 - 36 650 (at Etihad on Easter Sunday)
vs Hawthorn round 23 2016 - 52 968
vs Bulldogs round 10 2016 - 45 078
vs Melbourne round 4 2016 - 47 558
vs Essendon round 23 2015 - 40 270 (Fathers' Day)
vs North round 9 2015 - 43 352
vs Richmond round 7 2015 - 59 034

North would kill for some of those numbers in a poor timeslot. Hell even last time we played GWS at the G, we got 43390 for the Sunday 1:10.

We just don't like Etihad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We often play in the Sunday 3:20 timeslot, and we regularly pull in good numbers. Since 2015:

vs Hawthorn round 15 2017 - 56 593
vs Geelong round 6 2017 - 46 457
vs St Kilda round 4 2017 - 36 650 (at Etihad on Easter Sunday)
vs Hawthorn round 23 2016 - 52 968
vs Bulldogs round 10 2016 - 45 078
vs Melbourne round 4 2016 - 47 558
vs Essendon round 23 2015 - 40 270 (Fathers' Day)
vs North round 9 2015 - 43 352
vs Richmond round 7 2015 - 59 034

North would kill for some of those numbers in a poor timeslot. Hell even last time we played GWS at the G, we got 43390 for the Sunday 1:10.

We just don't like Etihad.

No one does except maybe north supporters.

I don't think he's trolling Collingwood though. More reacting to trolling of North.
Meh, who cares though?

North historically don't have a large support base. Their supporters should expect it.

Poor example picking a game where it's irrelevant for the Pies because finals is out of the question, being played on a cold day at a ground Pies supporters generally don't turn out for, against an interstate side.

I wouldn't be surprised if next week will be the same poor turn out against another interstate side in another cold day, in a game where our season is already finished.

3:20pm on a Sunday afternoon is a s**t time to go to the football unless you live in or right next to the City.
plus it was wet and cold, it might have a roof, but ppl might be more inclined to not bother on a wet Sunday. Especially if you live in the suburbs, or country.

If anything it does show that Collingwood aren't the behemoth they pretend they are.

Hard to see Adelaide or West Coast pulling a 20k crowd. Ever.
They aren't forced to play home games at a ground that isn't their home ground. Pies fans seem to hate going to Etihad. Today's game would have got 28-30k at the MCG.

As someone who lives outside of Melbourne, but who has visited and attended events at Etihad, can someone explain to me what's supposedly so "s**t" about it?

It's in the city, central to transport, under cover (would rather be sitting in dry comfort than what was on offer at the MCG today). It's not the MCG, but nothing else is. I've never understood the hate.

Meh, who cares though?

North historically don't have a large support base. Their supporters should expect it.

Poor example picking a game where it's irrelevant for the Pies because finals is out of the question, being played on a cold day at a ground Pies supporters generally don't turn out for, against an interstate side.

I wouldn't be surprised if next week will be the same poor turn out against another interstate side in another cold day, in a game where our season is already finished.

I agree who cares. AFL clearly pushing for TV viewing anyway because that's where the $$$ is.

But I just don't think the OP is looking at this as "Collingwood suck" or anything, and yeah it's not at all unexpected that todays crowd was what it was.

Reminiscent of Pies/Blues on Monday night a couple of years ago that killed the fixture. Reckon Pies might just play 11 home MCG games next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back