22,927 attendance for Collingwood home game

Remove this Banner Ad

They must end this twilight time on a Sunday arvo at Etihad. The 1.10pm or 2.10pm start time is the ideal Etihad stadium bounce down. The game is over at approximately 4pm after a 1.10 start. 4.45pm after a 2.10 start.

The Bombers V Dogs will be packed because of the 1.10pm time, people feel comfortable traveling by train or tram, they can get something to eat before hand or after game and they don't have to rush home in the dark scrambling through the masses at the train station.

There is a huge shopping complex nearby and people can relax and take their time having a meal or just browsing around without having to deal with a crush to get to a train in the dark!

IMO... No Etihad stadium game on a Sunday should start at 3.20pm.

I noticed at our recent Geelong game they had speakers giving chants, about one guy was happy to go along with it where I was sitting. Pretty cringey, have never written an email to the club complaining about anything before, if we start that stuff I will though.
I thought it was more cringey that Geelong had a big song and dance in the lead up about how they don't want anything to do with gambling, yet their matchday sponsor was ladbrokes

Didn't take long to find a North Melbourne game with below 20k. (Round 16)

dsfds.PNG

Collingwood: Avg Home Crowd 2017: 49,353

Nth Melbourne: Avg Home Crowd 2017: 22,858

It's funny how a s**t club like ours is at our worst yet still manages to pull in more supporters for a club like North Melbourne who are supposed to me on the rise.

Didn't take long to find a North Melbourne game with below 20k. (Round 16)

View attachment 395672

Collingwood: Avg Home Crowd 2017: 49,353

Nth Melbourne: Avg Home Crowd 2017: 22,858

It's funny how a s**t club like ours is at our worst yet still manages to pull in more supporters for a club like North Melbourne who are supposed to me on the rise.

North Melbourne started their rebuild this season.........

They aren't supposed to be on the rise yet.

Not that I particularly want to defend West Coast fans, but i'd imagine that was played in a hurricane (someone here would remember it) and it was probably still a sellout. If that game was played indoors with 10k extra capacity it most likely would have got 40k+.
Couldn't remember it so did some searching....

The wettest day for Perth Metro in 2010 was 9 July when 40.6 mm was recorded, which was the wettest July day since 88.8 mm was recorded on the 30 July 2001.

Storm heading for south-west WA
Updated 11 Jul 2010, 11:56am

More severe weather is expected to hit the south-west of Western Australian including the Perth metropolitan area this afternoon.
The Weather Bureau is forecasting widespread damaging winds with locally destructive gusts for areas southwest of a line between Lancelin to Bremer Bay including Perth, Mandurah, Bunbury, Busselton and Albany.

So yeah, think it was pretty bad :)

Not sure what this thread is trying to achieve. Is it "hahaha Collingwood aren't that big of a club look at a crowd" is just a dumb argument to make in the face of their large crowds at their proper home grounds.

"What are the reasons that Pies fans don't go to their Docklands home games" is a reasonable discussion to have. Integrating the usual AFL and MCC members to the other stadium, as well as ticketing access for reserved seat holders is something that needs to be done.

I also think there's an element of Pies fans being stuck up - there would have been a fair portion who go to GA games at the MCG with a GA membership, so in theory, Etihad makes no difference in terms of accessing seating, but they live on the eastern train line and don't want to spend the extra 10 minutes on the train, or they drive, and they don't want to park 5 minutes away. Food prices (which is more expensive at Etihad) another factor. Even all of these makes a 23,000 crowd seem small, however, when it should be at least 25,000 plus, so sometimes you just have to think that Pies fans have to suck it up and go to the games if they want to claim themselves to be a big club - a club might have a larger amount of fans, but the pound-for-pound weight of these fans is 10% smaller than other teams if their fans refuse to turn up to a different stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ess v north with 95% Ess felt like an interstate opponent. Briz Lions had more a few weeks ago when we played them. Embarrassing.

Sat with my Essendon mates and they were quite embarrassed by their own fans.

Before the game having a beer they said "watch this, our supporters make more noise complaining about the umpires than celebrating goals," sure enough the meltdowns for umpiring decisions were far louder than the celebrations, it is a genuine epidemic amongst the fan base.

Before the game having a beer they said "watch this, our supporters make more noise complaining about the umpires than celebrating goals," sure enough the meltdowns for umpiring decisions were far louder than the celebrations, it is a genuine epidemic amongst the fan base.
Outdrawn by Brisbane Lion fans who are having a worse season than North Melbourne. Outdrawn by Brisbane Lion fans in Melbourne. Tasmania is looming.

Outdrawn by Brisbane Lion fans who are having a worse season than North Melbourne. Outdrawn by Brisbane Lion fans in Melbourne. Tasmania is looming.

bdf68e247c1e7f9804ac28eb17ff36ac.jpg

It's ok, we had less supporters than 5555 there on Saturday.

The clicker was used to count the number of times Essendon fans disputed the umpires.

Of course they did.

Did they say it 3 times?

In honour of Tim Watson, I'm going to put a pregnant pause in the middle of each sentence to make myself sound more intellectual.
I've been to every Pies MCG game this year, and I'll continue to do so. On sheer principle I won't go to Etihad (because it's a ******* ****-****). On his crappy tv show, Watson tonight had a go at Pies fans for not turning up. For a moment I thought he was finally going to explain to us why Bruce Reid stood idly by as the Bombers players were injected at quarter time, half time and three quarter time, at the height of the injection regime, but no such luck. I get my hopes up whenever he opens his mouth. **** off, Tim. Until you tell us the truth, get back under your rock.

NO ONE.............and I mean..........NO ONE...........can ever have a crack at my club about attendances again!

The discussion is DEAD!

This is not meant to rile pies fans, I get that you have had a frustrating year, but I doubt i'll ever get a better opportunity to prove a point.
Well known fact that tigers and magpie supporters hate etihad with a passion ,, thats why there was not a big crowd there,, last week at etihad richmond 28500 crowd against the lions ,, when we play lions at the home of football closer to 35000 plus ,,, * Etihad

It was at Etihad... If Collingwood's membership is similar to Hawthorn's with having to go through ticketek/ticketmaster to order tickets that aren't the same that we get at MCG home games it's annoying and makes us less interested.
Yes mcg fans like hawks pies and tigers hate ******* etihad

bdf68e247c1e7f9804ac28eb17ff36ac.jpg

It's ok, we had less supporters than 5555 there on Saturday.

The clicker was used to count the number of times Essendon fans disputed the umpires.
Ahh umpires, there's four now, add in the boundary, goal and reserve umps, they totalled more than nth fans.

This song Sunday against Adelaide the pies will get between 35-40,000 at the g. If the game was at Etihad you would get 25,000 max.

Collingwood are the biggest club in Victoria. When we start winning again we will be drawing 40-50,000 Collingwood fans to the mcg week in week out. Etihad we will be drawing 25-30,000 to our two home games. Hence the problem with Etihad. Each year goes bye and Collingwood are drawing less less fans to Etihad.

The only clubs the seem to love Etihad are the bulldogs, saints and Essendon are about 50/50. Essendon still continue to draw 35-40,000 of their fans to their 7 home games at Etihad. From 2002-2009 Collingwood was drawing 40-48,000 against interstate clubs but each year the crowds are getting smaller and smaller and this is a club who had over 70,000 members

Remove this Banner Ad

Back