Aaron vandenBerg - retired

Creepen

Senior List
Oct 1, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Im really looking forward to see him back. I hope he really has a crack and plays well. Big fan before he went out so stoked, can’t wait for Sunday!

knackers29

Senior List
Jun 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The only good player for him to run through is Witts... I have faith
5vYh.gif
vvk48_.gif

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I must be the only one who remembers AVB as only an OK role player, rather than a superhuman wrecking ball that everyone else does.

Obviously hope he dominates the Suns and goes on to win three Brownlows and four flags but I think he's a good honest toiler.

*Runs and hides

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I must be the only one who remembers AVB as only an OK role player, rather than a superhuman wrecking ball that everyone else does.

Obviously hope he dominates the Suns and goes on to win three Brownlows and four flags but I think he's a good honest toiler.

*Runs and hides

I agree. He could come good but his skills are crap and doesn’t win a hell of a lot of the ball.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Well apparently I'm a romantic ... my wife will be shocked.

I remember him usually good for a goal or two and some really strong marks, and always good for a couple of massive tackles and relentless pressure. He was a consensus best 22 player 2 years ago, he doesn't have to 20 and 3 to play an important role for the team ... I mean, JKH is playing his 4th straight game for crying out loud.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

I remember him usually good for a goal or two and some really strong marks, and always good for a couple of massive tackles and relentless pressure. He was a consensus best 22 player 2 years ago, he doesn't have to 20 and 3 to play an important role for the team ... I mean, JKH is playing his 4th straight game for crying out loud.

We are a much better side now aswell. Bloke can take a mark an nearly killed Scott pendelbury once. I like him, he's like a lite version of max rooke

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
When up and running I’d say AVB is our best pressur player to, and not the type of pressure just to rush your kick, the type of pressure if I don’t get rid of the ball this bloke will split me in half.

He usually puts himself in the position to kick 3-4 goals a match only to spray all but one of them.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
AVB obviously came to us as an inside midfield beast after dominating at NEAFL level and has had to play as that mid-forward pressure enforcer in his games at AFL level.

I wonder if we'll see him rolling through the midfield a bit more now, given Goodwin's desire to have flexibility in each player?

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wonder if we'll see him rolling through the midfield a bit more now, given Goodwin's desire to have flexibility in each player?

If he played in the middle, would we still be able to fit four in the square?

Back