Aaron vandenBerg - retired

Remove this Banner Ad

He was solid, probably a good game to ease back into becuse of the lack of pressure/speed in the game.

Not sure why we expect players coming back from injury to come in and dominate, little own a bloke who had two years off.

Rusty and slow, but was involved a bit early. Not unexpected, and nice he got a taste, but probably shouldn't play next week even if Melksham isn't fit.

Keep him ahead of JKH though!

He looked very slow and his skills were poor but he found plenty of the ball. He’d be getting another game if I was picking the side. We don’t have heaps left in the cupboard and I reckon VDB has a bit of upside. If he can get some match fitness and pick up the speed of the game over the next few weeks he’d be very handy in a final.

I know Gold Coast had a piss weak side on the park. But still got joy out of their inability to tackle VDB. Shake of the hips and they gone!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely thought he was cooked and thought people here were remembering him as a better player than he really was for the two years he was injured, but it's pretty difficult to argue with the contribution he's made since coming back into the team. He's not only tough, but he's clever with the way he uses the ball and never wastes a kick or handpass. He's like the Nev Jetta of the forward line.

I genuinely thought he was cooked and thought people here were remembering him as a better player than he really was for the two years he was injured, but it's pretty difficult to argue with the contribution he's made since coming back into the team. He's not only tough, but he's clever with the way he uses the ball and never wastes a kick or handpass. He's like the Nev Jetta of the forward line.

100% agree. He’s come back a better footballer than pre-injuries imo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back