Aaron vandenBerg - retired

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno, psychologically taking out their captain is half the battle I reckon.
I agree, but i don't think Selwood is what he used to be, feeds more off his teammates like GAJ and Danger to get his stats up these days. I feel like if you take one of them out you starve Selwood of it a little bit.

Love Vanders, from his first game for us i always thought he'd make it. Just plays how a footballer should... Said earlier this year i thought he was a better version of Harmes, I know I'm asking for a lot with the form Harmes is currently in but i still have faith that he will be. ;)

BG32

Mate, one of my fav moments last night (along with Nev's similar hit on Selwood), can i get one of your quality gifs for my boy "monstering" poor old Jordan Murdoch pretty please...

(was in the mid-late part of the second quarter IIRC)

BG32

Mate, one of my fav moments last night (along with Nev's similar hit on Selwood), can i get one of your quality gifs for my boy "monstering" poor old Jordan Murdoch pretty please...

(was in the mid-late part of the second quarter IIRC)

fap-meme.jpg

* me I love that s**t. I said it in the GBU thread but he's the modern version of choppy Pickett, absolutely gives it to someone every week.

Also his kicking has gone massively under the radar, he has taken on some really dangerous kicks inside the corridor and he looks far quicker than I remember him ever.

How good is it having Harmes and Vanders both of the rookie list! Jason Taylor you star.

This dude is a star, although I did laugh because I was thinking to myself during the third quarter how absolutely indispensable he’s become and how I’d never seen him becoming this good (always liked his intensity, but his skills/composure were definitely not at this standard in 2015) and then he delivered that awful handball to someone. Otherwise had an awesome game, one of the BOG

Might need to stick a contract in front of him, pretty quickly shooting back up in dollar value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m pretty sure ANB copped a don’t argue from AVB against the giants and dom Tyson copped one in Friday’s night game.

Legit he broke out of a stoppage and pushed 2 Melbourne players out of the way.
Love it.

Don't know if you guys read this but:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...aaron-vandenberg-s-world-20180913-p503ki.html

He walked out of a Melbourne team meeting and into the changerooms, when he got a phone call that rocked his world.

It was his mum Christine who delivered the news. VandenBerg’s father Tony had died suddenly.

Distraught, Aaron went to tell the club’s high performance chief Dave Misson that he’d have to leave immediately to join his family in Tathra on the south coast of NSW.

“It puts everything in perspective when you think life sucks because of your foot and you’re not playing football, and then that happens,” vandenBerg told The Age this week.

Man this guys been through hell the last couple of years. Makes you appreciate a lot more of what he is doing right now.

Only thing I didn't like from this article, was that we aren't already sorting out a new contract for him?
Devastating Boris has mentioned a couple of times that both AVB and OMac's contracts have been sorted, the club is just holding off on their announcements. With OMac's now becoming official, AVB's won't be far off.

Really happy for VDB and how he has managed to slot back in. I didn't think he'd make it back as a best 22 player. Though I'd hoped a couple of years ago that he and Petracca could be some kind of big bodied forward/midfield duo, my memory was that Vanders struggled in a forward role and couldn't see room for him in our midfield. But he has been immense, his pressure and physical presence are super important. Well done to him and the club on such a successful return from a long layoff.

There's something to be said for maturity. 27 at the start of next year, so he's at his physical prime, and uses that to comlement and otherwise young and raw side. Not the most experienced player, but makes up for it.

Does anyone genuinely remember him being so fast around the ground? Did they put a bionic foot on him or something

Remove this Banner Ad

Back