Senior 22. Caleb Marchbank

Remove this Banner Ad

Not with this selection panel:-

Gill McLachlan, Mark Evans, Kevin Sheehan, Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Danny Frawley, Glen Jakovich, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson, Warren Tredrea

Anyone that doesn't watch every game, all the way through, (20 hours) should not be in a position to vote.

Doesn't matter who wins but the process should be clear and pure.

Was at the ground early on Saturday and was fortunate enough to catch a few of the younger guys (Jack, Jed, Weiters, Charlie, Boekhorst) out on the field taking shots at goal before the warm up. Caleb was among them (and looked pretty good), had a thought that he may have been swung forward but never eventuated. On a side note Matty Wright was also out there in his trackies offering some coaching and advice as well.

Just watching On The Couch and Nick Riewoldt and Jonathan Brown said they both played on Marchbank late in their careers and both thought he was seriously good player.

Apparently Leon Cameron when asked the question who you would have loved to coach more, he answered Marchbank!

Just like we almost forgot how good Cripps, Docherty and Charlie are... Marchy can't wait to see him out there.

Just watching On The Couch and Nick Riewoldt and Jonathan Brown said they both played on Marchbank late in their careers and both thought he was seriously good player.

Apparently Leon Cameron when asked the question who you would have loved to coach more, he answered Marchbank!

Just like we almost forgot how good Cripps, Docherty and Charlie are... Marchy can't wait to see him out there.

How is he getting all this love now?

How is he getting all this love now?
The industry seems to take a certain approach to positively reinforcing players returning from what, even by footy standards, are extremely long layoffs. It appears they're handled in the VFL a certain way when they come back, for example. I think it's admirable, but often wonder if it's a formal sports psychology thing or if everyone in the industry who's ever done a knee is just an amateur one.

I have no doubt. So far we've turned Cottrell, O'Brien, Newnes good players.

Can you imagine what this system is going to make of a gun player?

Can't wait to see him out there.

I have always been a Marchbank fan. He is just injury prone.

I curious as to why he is getting a stack of plaudits from non carlton people now though

I curious as to why he is getting a stack of plaudits from non carlton people now though
They were talking about Carlton and Riewoldt out of no where said "We spoke about Curnow coming back in, Caleb Marchbank we haven't seen in a few years, who we both played on late in our careers (pointing at Brown), he's a really good player. He is starting to work himself back. He could be that missing piece".

Lyon interrupted saying "Leon Cameron speaking about the players he would have loved to play more of and he was the one. He was the one that they let go however missed the most".

That's pretty high praise.

Leon Cameron said a few years ago that out of all the players that had left GWS Marchbank was the one he regretted losing the most. Players that had already left when he made that comment include Shiel, Treloar, Adams and Steele among others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were talking about Carlton and Riewoldt out of no where said "We spoke about Curnow coming back in, Caleb Marchbank we haven't seen in a few years, who we both played on late in our careers (pointing at Brown), he's a really good player. He is starting to work himself back. He could be that missing piece".
I love Marchy and without a doubt he's a great talent, but I think Reiwoldt is pumping his tires up a bit too much here. Brown was already retired before Marchbank was even drafted, and the only time that Marchbank could've ever played on Reiwoldt was just one game in 2017.

This kid hasn't played senior footy in almost 3 years, so let's just take it easy with him one step at a time.

I love Marchy and without a doubt he's a great talent, but I think Reiwoldt is pumping his tires up a bit too much here. Brown was already retired before Marchbank was even drafted, and the only time that Marchbank could've ever played on Reiwoldt was just one game in 2017.

This kid hasn't played senior footy in almost 3 years, so let's just take it easy with him one step at a time.
Dude, I'm a starving Carlton fan currently living on Cloud 9.

Right now I would think Cam O'Shea will win the Brownlow if he still played for us

Since he retired, Riewoldt has probably mentioned Marchbank more than any other commentator/talking head, with Joey a close second. It hasn't just started this year.

I looked it up the other day, they all (CM, NR, LM) played in a 2017 game and Marchy had 10 marks and 20 disposals. Obviously the two Saints' appreciated his efforts that day (think we lost, about 65 to 85).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back