Senior 22. Caleb Marchbank

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs wants to go home and Adelaide obviously dont want Gibbs genuinely ..pity could have been their ticket for a possible flag next year,i dont think they will offer much more next year.First rounder etc..
i think this year has been good for us again and wont regret the GWS 'leftovers' supposedly Bolton has reservations about...we have doubled up again for value inward bound with some high pick grunt players we needed to fill our shallows.plus we need to fluke solid picks all the way through to further fill the depth void..and we got plenty of picks for any "leftovers"...which we need to snap up and develope so it will be very busy year at the Blues....after another astonishing amount of delisting again its a rebuild proper....so far so good !!!

Reset in word - Rebuild in deed.

;)

Heard he also goes missing in the 2nd half..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The way we've been travelling, anyone that kicks 8 goals in a half of footy should be given a fortnight off, a plane ticket to Vegas and drinks cards to every bar on the Strip!

Good story though, Great Grandfather's ashes scattered on the ground and name on the locker...........hopefully that's a little nugget of motivation that SOS has been working to get this kid over to us. Let's hope he can recapture some of his Great Grandfather's little brother's durability. He doesn't need to stop a bullet for us, just get on the park for some footy.

Caleb enticed by Carlton culture

"From what I saw from the outside, it seemed like Carlton had a really good culture and a really young and exciting list," Marchbank said.

"The chance to work under 'Bolts' (coach Brendon Bolton) was something I wanted to do as well. He seemed from afar like the sort of guy who could help me improve my game.

"And since I've got here, the way he gets his messages across and the way he helps the younger boys, you can really tell that makes him a good coach."

Caleb enticed by Carlton culture

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we haven't really realised how big a get Marchbank is for us, may be cause we gave up a a first rounded that we never really held.
It's pretty much like we had another extra top 10 pick in this years draft.
GWS loved Marchbank and many considered him the most talented KPD on there list, but now he's on our list and gives us some real flexibility and options on how the team lines up, was the perfect player for us to bring into the club, very smart move by the club.

Loved that he turned down a 700000k contract offer to play for the Pies, stars have lined up nicely on this one for us.

Last edited:
Think we haven't really realised how big a get Marchbank is for us, may be cause we gave up a a first rounded that we never really held.
It's pretty much like we had another extra top 10 pick in this years draft.
GWS loved Marchbank and many considered him the most talented KPD on there list, but now he on our list and he gives us some real flexibility and options on how the team lines up, was the perfect player for us to bring into the club, very smart move by the club.

Loved that he turned down a 700000k contract offer to play for the Pies, stars have lined up nicely on this one for us.

Reckon most switched on Blues fans are well aware of how important Marchbank is to the all new (2018) Carlton going forward .
Lazy reporting from a generally lazy footy media will churn out the same old "safe" analysis for every team .
Anyone with any real interest in list management would note that Carlton are diligently going about a serious list rebuild with multiple potential star quality players being added in the last 2 trade/draft periods and a huge salary cap purse at the clubs disposal for selected FA's going forward .
Another tough win/loss year awaits , but will be no surprise to the faithful , only click bait to the ever lazy snout in the trough footy media .
Looking forward to "the journey" and the "long way to the top"

Byrne will be sometime coming back. If he gets back before half way mark of season would be surprised.
Then he has to find touch even if he does come back earlier than I'm expecting.
Would love it, if he does. He can provide so much dash from back half when he gets in his groove.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back