Delisted #22: Irving Mosquito - Parts ways with the club, unable to return from injury - 13/8

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon people are expecting way too much from him this year. Still don't think his fitness base is up to AFL standard and still needs to build strength as well. The repeated hamstring injuries have only slowed him down. Suspect he'll be lucky to even debut this year even though a lot seem to have him pegged as a round 1 starter.

I'd be happy to be wrong because he has some great elements to his game but I think he's still a ways off from being an AFL contributor.

I reckon people are expecting way too much from him this year. Still don't think his fitness base is up to AFL standard and still needs to build strength as well. The repeated hamstring injuries have only slowed him down. Suspect he'll be lucky to even debut this year even though a lot seem to have him pegged as a round 1 starter.

I'd be happy to be wrong because he has some great elements to his game but I think he's still a ways off from being an AFL contributor.

Personally I have a similar view. Not expecting too much from him other than an improved year in the VFL where he plays more consistent footy across 4 quarters. If he can do that in the first half of the year then maybe there could be a game or two in the back half of the season. As you say he has some work to do before he is AFL ready right now so if he is in the side early he has either exploded to the next level or we have some serious injury issues.

Proof of life in Coffs Harbour:
View attachment 809986

Decent pipes on him now.
Now for them to slowly ripple and, then, watch out.

Quads and calves next to cultivate.

Smith, Walla, Fantasia, Wilbur and Skeeta. (Ham and Cahill to a lesser extent.)

Fun times

Just had a video sent to me of Mozzie in a street fight against around 4/5 guys in the city (not sure if it's Melbourne or elsewhere).
Has anyone else seen this ?, I don't know how to upload the video but will if someone tells me how.
For what it's worth he goes alright but is lucky boy as he's pounced on by the group and was lucky to break free.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back