Delisted #22: Irving Mosquito - Parts ways with the club, unable to return from injury - 13/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Another kid from a community who struggled to handle the professionalism required. Maybe there was something in those "racist" comments made by that guy.

"Don't draft anyone who has darker skin than mine" - that's racist af.

"We need understand the risk factors, and what support networks we can put in place before drafting this particular player from x" - that's common sense and good risk management.

Wasn’t there a risk during the draft? Hawthorn let him go, but I remember hearing something about professionalism.

Another kid from a community who struggled to handle the professionalism required. Maybe there was something in those "racist" comments made by that guy.

What did happen to him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its entirely understandable in a way.

Seems that when he was able to play footy, he was able to keep up the motivation to stay in shape and withstand homesickness.

Once the knee went out, and he was staring down the barrell of 18 months rehabbing away from home and unable to play, maintaining the same discipline and desire may have just become too hard for him.

He isnt Robinson Crusoe there (regardless of race) in that regard. I was so excited in his first few games last year, and hope he can get to it and come back next year, though reading that report makes me doubt that it will.

I feel like the only reason this has come out now is because they're asking around about anyone who might give their club a mid-season list spot.

But the end of that article "If he retires before the MSD Essendon will have two open list spots" – he ruptured his ACL in September last year and was always unlikely to play this season with 12 months of rehab. We can put him on the inactive list as an LTI without him retiring 🙄

All this tells me is that the club has not yet formally put him on the inactive list, so maybe they were planning to use a game or two at the end of the season as an incentive?

I remember one of the Hawthorn posters, which had a relationship with Irving's host family, saying not to get to excited due to Irving lacking some things which can't just be taught, not at his age anyway

Swings and roundabouts, hope Irving is living his best life

Edit: this was said prior to his draft where us Hawthorn supporters were still expecting us to match any bids for him

"Don't draft anyone who has darker skin than mine" - that's racist af.

"We need understand the risk factors, and what support networks we can put in place before drafting this particular player from x" - that's common sense and good risk management.
Wrong guy I think because yes, that is racist AF!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back