Player Watch #22: Irving Mosquito - Ruptured ACL confirmed, 12 months on the sidelines - 7/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
22 - Irving Mosquito.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2021
Last Game Played: Round 16, 2020 (injured)
Injury Status: Ruptured ACL confirmed - 7/9
Serious-looking knee injury against Geelong - 6/9

Last edited by a moderator:

naraku

All Australian
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
I really like Irving. We surely have to keep playing him, even if he takes some long spells on the bench, it's beneficial for him to be right there I think.

jmoo wan

01101010 01101101 01101111 01101111
Oct 12, 2007
Ringwood
AFL Club
Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DapperJong

Hall of Famer
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
as if you can’t love the guy any more:

How much fun is this!’: The mid-game comment from Irving Mosquito that epitomised Essendon’s comeback

Yep it’s stuff like this that puts so much more value on him than stats would ever suggest. And jeez it’s awesome just to see him play.

Yoda_

Hall of Famer
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Christ I love everything about him. Going off his Instagram he and AMT either have the world’s cutest bromance happening or it’s just complete hero worship and he’s following Walla around like a puppy dog
Bigger than Tippa and Hartley?

That was something straight outta home and away early days

Yoda_

Hall of Famer
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Just one of those guys who you love around the club.
we've seen him a few times at VFL level and you must admit how surpising it's been to see how comfortable he looks?

Not suggesting he is a willing contributor but he looks like he already belongs. Has that swagger about him

eth-dog

Premium Platinum
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
we've seen him a few times at VFL level and you must admit how surpising it's been to see how comfortable he looks?

Not suggesting he is a willing contributor but he looks like he already belongs. Has that swagger about him
Like he might be one of those guys that naturally does better at a better standard for whatever reason, because honestly last year I thought he was the furthest away of the three draftees.

andleanback

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Like he might be one of those guys that naturally does better at a better standard for whatever reason, because honestly last year I thought he was the furthest away of the three draftees.
Some players just go up a level, whether they’re ready or not. That’s why don’t mind the sink or swim approach sometimes, for players with raw talent.

Vander18

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
There is definitely something to work with here.

Doesn’t do heaps but what he does is clean. Can read the drop and hit it at pace. He’s not lightening but he’s quick enough. Can mark over head and seems like he can finish.

Needs to get fitter, that’s easy enough if he’s prepared to do the work. Has a decent frame that will fill-out, he can carry some extra size without losing speed.

He seems much more equipped to play small forward than Cahill.

Remove this Banner Ad