Delisted #22: Irving Mosquito - Parts ways with the club, unable to return from injury - 13/8

Remove this Banner Ad

That intercept goal was superb. Timed perfectly all in one motion.

Exciting to know he will only get better from here.

Keep playing this kid. Pretty good getting the ball off the ground, but just as important, a pretty handy mark overhead too !

I really like Irving. We surely have to keep playing him, even if he takes some long spells on the bench, it's beneficial for him to be right there I think.

Christ I love everything about him. Going off his Instagram he and AMT either have the world’s cutest bromance happening or it’s just complete hero worship and he’s following Walla around like a puppy dog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as if you can’t love the guy any more:

How much fun is this!’: The mid-game comment from Irving Mosquito that epitomised Essendon’s comeback

Yep it’s stuff like this that puts so much more value on him than stats would ever suggest. And jeez it’s awesome just to see him play.

Christ I love everything about him. Going off his Instagram he and AMT either have the world’s cutest bromance happening or it’s just complete hero worship and he’s following Walla around like a puppy dog

Bigger than Tippa and Hartley?

That was something straight outta home and away early days

Just one of those guys who you love around the club.
we've seen him a few times at VFL level and you must admit how surpising it's been to see how comfortable he looks?

Not suggesting he is a willing contributor but he looks like he already belongs. Has that swagger about him

we've seen him a few times at VFL level and you must admit how surpising it's been to see how comfortable he looks?

Not suggesting he is a willing contributor but he looks like he already belongs. Has that swagger about him
Like he might be one of those guys that naturally does better at a better standard for whatever reason, because honestly last year I thought he was the furthest away of the three draftees.

Like he might be one of those guys that naturally does better at a better standard for whatever reason, because honestly last year I thought he was the furthest away of the three draftees.
Some players just go up a level, whether they’re ready or not. That’s why don’t mind the sink or swim approach sometimes, for players with raw talent.

There is definitely something to work with here.

Doesn’t do heaps but what he does is clean. Can read the drop and hit it at pace. He’s not lightening but he’s quick enough. Can mark over head and seems like he can finish.

Needs to get fitter, that’s easy enough if he’s prepared to do the work. Has a decent frame that will fill-out, he can carry some extra size without losing speed.

He seems much more equipped to play small forward than Cahill.

He applies great pressure and is seriously intimidating when he's closing in on someone. He can hit too. When he puts on a few more kegs and gets a bit fitter, he'll be a real weapon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back