Delisted #22: Irving Mosquito - Parts ways with the club, unable to return from injury - 13/8

22 - Irving Mosquito.jpg

Contract Status: Retired
Last Game Played: Round 16, 2020 (injured)
Injury Status: Has taken indefinite leave - 11/5
Ruptured ACL confirmed - 7/9
Serious-looking knee injury against Geelong - 6/9

Last edited:

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Have read posts over last 2 years stating all our young blokes aren't ready or good enough yet, the only one I consider not ready is The Mozzie.
Exciting as, but still very tentative. I think the big league at this stage would find him out.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just wanted to pop in and wish the lad well.

I think it is fantastic that there is a person named Irving Mosquito.

What makes it even better is that he is playing for the Bombers.

When I was a kid there was a junior EFC membership (or promotional thing) called the Mosquito Fleet (or something like that).

This is too good. Hope he kicks five goals (or if he is a defender, keeps his man to zero).

Just wanted to pop in and wish the lad well.

I think it is fantastic that there is a person named Irving Mosquito.

What makes it even better is that he is playing for the Bombers.

When I was a kid there was a junior EFC membership (or promotional thing) called the Mosquito Fleet (or something like that).

This is too good. Hope he kicks five goals (or if he is a defender, keeps his man to zero).
It was called that, and was a junior membership. I sill have a beanie from that.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I'd be all for playing him.

Keep the game time as low as possible.

6 bursts is as likely to result in 6 shots on goal as not (in the way Fantasia creates scores, not scores for himself).

We just need to be prepared to adapt a role that suits him. I dont see how he can contribute if he plays a role requiring him to cover high km.

Don't think he will make the cut this week if it's going to be wet. I reckon they will play clarke instead (dylan)
I think Clarke plays regardless.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
The puff piece suggests he might be in.

Surprising, to say the least
The only reason he was put on extended bench was to put up said puff piece. He won't play this year, he's not even close to ready yet. They needed to put something positive up for the week to keep the nuffies on facebook at bay before another insipid performance this week

The only reason he was put on extended bench was to put up said puff piece. He won't play this year, he's not even close to ready yet. They needed to put something positive up for the week to keep the nuffies on facebook at bay before another insipid performance this week
I completely agree with him not being ready, but are we really putting it beyond the club to debut him when he's not ready?

I'm sure not.

Jul 19, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
Hey guys just wondering if you know if Irving will be playing VFL tomorrow. I know he's named as an emergency for the AFL but just wondering how it's going to work?

Cheers.
Given the weather I'm guessing he or Ridley will be held over, I think it'll be him due to the fact it could give him a two week rest if there are no injuries.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Disappointing time to injure himself. Was pressing for a debut with some exciting moments. Still, his first year, a draft pick in the 40’s/50’s (I can’t remember the exact pick) and very little expectations.

To see him come this far already is brilliant and bodes well for the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Irving had a hamstring strain really early in the game in the VFL at Werribee. That strain is a reasonably normal hamstring strain,” Crow said.

“He will be expected to miss three or four weeks with that, given he is a fast-twitch young player, we want to make sure we get that one right.”
3-4 weeks :(

Back