Delisted #22: Irving Mosquito - Parts ways with the club, unable to return from injury - 13/8

Remove this Banner Ad

22 - Irving Mosquito.jpg

Contract Status: Retired
Last Game Played: Round 16, 2020 (injured)
Injury Status: Has taken indefinite leave - 11/5
Ruptured ACL confirmed - 7/9
Serious-looking knee injury against Geelong - 6/9

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
I doubt he plays a senior game this year, he's still a fair way off, but his talent is undeniable.
Probably, the kid is just 17 and in year 12 this year.

That being said, if there is nothing game towards the end of the year (say round 21-23ish) and he is in decent touch I'd throw him a game to whet his appetite a bit for next year going forward.
He is very exciting ball in hand though.

number 75

Senior List
Feb 7, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm not one for gifting games but surely he could play the role that Baguley had for so long .....also would help Tippa with forward pressure ??.
Sheeds would of played him last night and it would of given us something to get excited about instead we have nothing but negativity filtering through the whole supporter base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Let's get games into him and Hams. It is better than limping into finals. They are both 5 or 10Kg underweight, so if they learn to compete now, it will be a piece of cake in 2 years. His pace up forward makes a 3 pronged attack with Walla and Fanta. Hams run through the middle is important for modern footy.

Get them used to the physicality and pace of seniors.

I am not saying to play them every game. Just playing them for two or three games in a row a few times this year.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Not ready. His game would translate but a chance he'd get injured too easily. Seen him pull up a bit sore 6-7 times and rub where his pec meets his inner shoulder after some hard tackles at VFL level and think the bigger bodies at AFL level could do some damage.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back