Delisted #22: Irving Mosquito - Parts ways with the club, unable to return from injury - 13/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon have long been the champions of Indigenous Australians in football, and as such its no surprise to see a large number of indigenous kids that tend to have grown up supporting the Bombers.

In turn, my personal experience has been that Essendon fans themselves tend to take a sense of pride in being that club - as a result our Indigenous players are often among the very favourite players we have.

So kid goes to a club he'd be absolutely delighted to be at, and a club gets a kid that are absolutely delighted to have him.

It adds an extra scoop of delightful however, to know he was snatched from under the noses of historically the most racist club in the games history.

Absolutely delicious.

Essendon have long been the champions of Indigenous Australians in football, and as such its no surprise to see a large number of indigenous kids that tend to have grown up supporting the Bombers.

In turn, my personal experience has been that Essendon fans themselves tend to take a sense of pride in being that club - as a result our Indigenous players are often among the very favourite players we have.

So kid goes to a club he'd be absolutely delighted to be at, and a club gets a kid that are absolutely delighted to have him.

It adds an extra scoop of delightful however, to know he was snatched from under the noses of historically the most racist club in the games history.

Absolutely delicious.

Out bush in the NT 15 years ago it was all Essendon and West Coast. I reckon there would be heaps of Hawthorn these days too with the Cyril, Burgoyne and Buddy show happening a few years ago. However, part that is also to do with the jumper the local team plays in. Lajamanu plays in Sydney jumpers so there are heaps of Sydney supporters there. Yuendemu plays in Collingwood jumpers, so there are heaps of Collingwood supporters there.

Looking at the video highlights, he seems to have good balance, sometimes with these flashy type players is they can be a bit fumbly but Mozzie seems well balanced and I can see a bit of Cyril in him, I can see him getting a game or two this season.

Looking at the video highlights, he seems to have good balance, sometimes with these flashy type players is they can be a bit fumbly but Mozzie seems well balanced and I can see a bit of Cyril in him, I can see him getting a game or two this season.

Mate, he'll kick 8 on debut in the dream time game to help us leapfrog the Tigers on the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely delicious.
Solid post and wholeheartedly agree. Except Ryder, * that guy.

Anyway welcome to the mozzie, may he be a source of annoyance/malaria to all the other clubs

I got permission from Irv's guardians to capture the video off Facebook and upload to YouTube.

Thanks heaps for that. Just so unassuming in his response and a lovely moment for a kid who has come a long long way to get where he has today.

How’s the comment, ‘so they weren’t full of s**t’?...

Welcome Irving. You’ve landed at a club with a fair record with schoolboys. 1000 games out of Madden, Watson, Fletcher. Hope you can add a few hundred more.

terrific selection.
i guessed we would go small forward though i thought Cameron would be our target.
will excite

Remove this Banner Ad

Back