Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.2 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys need your head read if you think he should sit out the first 2 weeks of the season after being forced to sit out for 12 months.

Seriously WTF? What he doesn't deserve compassion because he's no longer at Essendon?

You guys need your head read if you think he should sit out the first 2 weeks of the season after being forced to sit out for 12 months.

Seriously WTF? What he doesn't deserve compassion because he's no longer at Essendon?

I retract my outrage. I had my timeframe mixed up. I thought he was given a 2 match ban after the CAS verdict was handed down, but it was actually before the CAS verdict so it's only fair that the ban is absorbed into the CAS ban.

My compassion however, he will not receive, on account of being a traitor and a sook.

I retract my outrage. I had my timeframe mixed up. I thought he was given a 2 match ban after the CAS verdict was handed down, but it was actually before the CAS verdict so it's only fair that the ban is absorbed into the CAS ban.

My compassion however, he will not receive, on account of being a traitor and a sook.
A traitor that did everything right by us in the trade period to get us the best result.

I get why they'd give him a clean slate. I actually think what they gave him was kinda harsh in the first place, given it was a first strike. Worst case scenario it should've been two weeks held over and if something else happened then he'd cop it twice. They obviously tried to go hard on him because of the media furore at the time, but now it's blown over and no one cares anymore, he's copped his whack, etc. But my point is not really about him.

If it had've happened in-season would the AFL have rolled the sanction into the CAS ban? Or is he just exceptionally lucky that it was out-of-season and therefore the club can deal with it? Dempsey had a couple of weeks of suspension rolled over from 2015 for that spear tackle. If he had've been part of the supplements program and been CAS banned this year, would the spear tackle sanction have carried over to next year? (Assuming he would've got the one-year contract extension and played next year.)

And connected to that, the optics are amusing, as far as 'drugs are bad, don't do drugs'. Or more like, 'PEDs are bad, if anyone near you even thinks about it you'll get two years (backdated if lucky). But other s**t is fine as long as you don't film it and get it broadcast on TV, and even if you do it's only two weeks (sorta)'.

Why not? He was really good for us during that trade period, and as a player.

Carlisle>>>>>Ryder

Why though? I understand that we received better compensation in the Carlisle trade. But Port Adelaide had nothing more to give, they gave us their 1st & 2nd.

Neither of them used the PSD method and trades were agreed upon for their exit

Carlisle played a full season being a little baby, showing little effort and openly trashing us whilst on the field wearing our jumper "this club is fvcked"

Ryder picked a club that had little to give us, that's the point. And came out with it publicly in the lead up to the final, completely distracting our preparation.

Carlisle did sook it up in 2015, yes, but he also had a lot of personal things going on and so I can excuse him that to some extent.

He made it clear he did not want Essendon to be screwed at the trade table and for that he got my respect.

Why though? I understand that we received better compensation in the Carlisle trade. But Port Adelaide had nothing more to give, they gave us their 1st & 2nd.

Neither of them used the PSD method and trades were agreed upon for their exit

Carlisle played a full season being a little baby, showing little effort and openly trashing us whilst on the field wearing our jumper "this club is fvcked"
Ryder- Derailed a finals campaign, used the supplements scandal as his excuse despite it being his wife telling him they either left the state or she left him because he couldn't keep it in his pants, nominated one club, when nominated club couldn't come up with a strong deal threatened ooga booga rather then blame new club, refused to entertain any deals such as GWS which would get us pick 4.

Carlisle- Left genuinely due to being unhappy at the club, told suitors very early in the piece to shove off when PSD was raised, nominated one club, when nominated club tried to bully us allowed us to shop around, agreed would go to another club to get us the best deal if required, never used ooga booga.

Does that help?

Ryder- Derailed a finals campaign, used the supplements scandal as his excuse despite it being his wife telling him they either left the state or she left him because he couldn't keep it in his pants, nominated one club, when nominated club couldn't come up with a strong deal threatened ooga booga rather then blame new club, refused to entertain any deals such as GWS which would get us pick 4.

Carlisle- Left genuinely due to being unhappy at the club, told suitors very early in the piece to shove off when PSD was raised, nominated one club, when nominated club tried to bully us allowed us to shop around, agreed would go to another club to get us the best deal if required, never used ooga booga.

Does that help?

Was the Ryder's girlfriend rumor ever proven to be more than just a rumor? If so, please show me where.

"Carlisle- Left genuinely due to being unhappy at the club" - I think it's fairly safe to say that both Ryder and Carlisle were genuinely unhappy at the club.

Hawthorn swooped in late thinking they could snare him at the last minute. It's hilarious that you think Carlisle considering Hawthorn's offer was some sort of concerted plan to see EFC compensated and not legitimately wanting to go to Hawthorn. He had two options, make big bank at St Kilda or go to Hawthorn on a lot less money with the lure of premiership success. Unsuprisingly, he chose the $$$$$

Was the Ryder's girlfriend rumor ever proven to be more than just a rumor? If so, please show me where.

"Carlisle- Left genuinely due to being unhappy at the club" - I think it's fairly safe to say that both Ryder and Carlisle were genuinely unhappy at the club.

Hawthorn swooped in late thinking they could snare him at the last minute. It's hilarious that you think Carlisle considering Hawthorn's offer was some sort of concerted plan to see EFC compensated and not legitimately wanting to go to Hawthorn. He had two options, make big bank at St Kilda or go to Hawthorn on a lot less money with the lure of premiership success. Unsuprisingly, he chose the $$$$$
Oh right you've made your mind up. Sorry for wasting your time replying with the facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a garbage reply. Answer the question RE: Ryder's girlfriend please. Shouldn't be hard considering its a fact?
It is a fact. And no it wasn't reported in the media because, strangely, a bloke cheating on his wife isn't reported in the media. Unless it's a situation like Wayne Carey at North.

I don't think he should sit out the first 2 rounds.

I do however wonder if the more vocal saints supporters that were crying for harsher penalties still hold the same views now he is a saints player.

I don't think he should sit out the first 2 rounds.

I do however wonder if the more vocal saints supporters that were crying for harsher penalties still hold the same views now he is a saints player.

For what it's worth (and I cannot guarantee accuracy on behalf of the vocal supporters, as I am not one of them) I believe that they were more disappointed with the punishment of Essendon FC / those that ran this whole escapade, as opposed to the players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back