Player Watch #22: Josh Caddy - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong supporter on SEN sounding absolutely bewildered that the Delidio to Geelong deal involved Caddy, then that deal went bust and we ended up with Caddy anyway.....it ended with
"....and Richmond end up getting Caddy anyway....so....I....but?"

Oh my lolz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another Northern Knight to add to the list. From the same junior club as Nick Vlastuin, must breed a lot of tough nuts their.

Good value trade but Caddy needs to improve his consistency if the trade is going to be considered a bargain. His best game to date came against Western Bulldogs in 2015 (round 16), on the day Geelong were without Selwood and had a midfield of Caddy, Duncan and Guthrie, he finished with 37 disposals and a goal. Here's to him stepping up in a greater role like he did against the doggies.
Cotch too

In summary on Trade Radio:

Really well-spoken guy. Can easily see this guy being a member of our leadership group.

Says he didn't see the trade coming and that the Brett Deledio opportunity opened the door for him to come here.

It was a hard decision for him but he thinks he'll get the best out of himself at Richmond and that he sees success and a good future here.

One of the major incentives for him to switch clubs was having a real opportunity to play and be a major contributor in the guts.

Prestia was a key factor, good mates and his contribution definitely played a part.

He genuinely seems excited about our future. A far more genuine response than what we got from Prestia.

Wants to play the rest of his career at the Tigers and is committed to being a key contributor for us.

Signed a four year deal for us and wants to help us get higher up on the ladder.

In summary on Trade Radio:

Really well-spoken guy. Can easily see this guy being a member of our leadership group.

I get your point, MR, but you and I would be candidates for the leadership group at Tigerland as we are bereft of them outside our two book ends and one of them is getting nowhere near the leadership group while we have a certain coach.
But I suspect Caddy will be in the leadership group next season alongside Cotchin, Rance and likely Prestia too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back