Player Watch #22: Josh Caddy - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoy Dusty’s goal then Caddy being an absolute campaigner
That's the one he got in a lot of trouble for wasn't it. A mike unawareness moment. Even Caro turned on him :)
Did the Hawthorn player drop him from behind while he was celebrating the Dusty goal? He was none too happy about it. And that young Hawks player looked like he was pondering if it was really such a wise move...and wasn't getting huge support from his elders :)
Gotta love it.

Absolutely love the bloke.
EVERY team needs a player with a bit of mongrel.........and he’s it!
Nothing wrong with stirring the oppo pot.

Lol thats typical caddy. there is nothing tough about that or mouthing off when things go your way.

Imo i think hes disappointing when it comes to actually being tough.
Of course you do

Obviously you think a bit of push and shove or mouthing off is tough:eek: fair enough. Personally i think him ordinary when it comes to actually being hard at it.

I was referring to you always having the opposite opinion to everyone else, yaaawn

Lol thats typical caddy. there is nothing tough about that or mouthing off when things go your way.

Imo i think hes disappointing when it comes to actually being tough.
Just my opinion, but maybe you would be far happier following Gold Coast because from the outside looking in.....................nothing about Richmond seems to make you happy.

I was referring to you always having the opposite opinion to everyone else, yaaawn
Always na. I happen to agree with a awful lot of what others say. I dont just agree though because the majority say it.

Everyone knows im in Perth and i know im not invested in players like many others, i happen to think it allows me to be more objective. One thing for sure i always look at both sides of the debate and make my mind up from there. I dont think many invested supporters of all clubs are capable of that.
On Caddy so many wce freo supporters i have met are quite disparaging about him. In fact it was a wce mate who had me look more closely at caddy.Im not saying hes soft but he isnt the big tough player everyone here talks about in some ways he has been disappointing. Just my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just my opinion, but maybe you would be far happier following Gold Coast because from the outside looking in.....................nothing about Richmond seems to make you happy.
Okay then you tell me what was so tough about any player Caddy in this instance running from behind putting a girly bump on a player pushing another in the back who wasnt watching and gobbing off knowing there would be no retaliation.

Putting your head over the ball knowing your going to cop it is tough, how often do we see him do that its not as if hes a skinny runt.
Your perception of toughness is obviously different to mine.

Maybe if you think actions like that are tough you should go watch net ball or something just my opinion.

Obviously you think a bit of push and shove or mouthing off is tough:eek: fair enough. Personally i think him ordinary when it comes to actually being hard at it.

Caddy is hard man. He doesn't king hit guys. But he's not a nice soft guy to cuddle up to .. on the field, off it I have no idea.

Okay then you tell me what was so tough about any player Caddy in this instance running from behind putting a girly bump on a player pushing another in the back who wasnt watching and gobbing off knowing there would be no retaliation.

Putting your head over the ball knowing your going to cop it is tough, how often do we see him do that its not as if hes a skinny runt.
Your perception of toughness is obviously different to mine.

Maybe if you think actions like that are tough you should go watch net ball or something just my opinion.
I'm not fussed how hard and tough players are, Cotchin, Vlastuin and a few others are hard tough player by the 'normal' measure. I could even forgive Ellis for a short step or two, like dropping a sitter, it happens sometimes. But Ellis rarely won one on one battles and wasn't great at sticking his head over the ball. So he wasn't a tough player, not saying anything new there.

But where Caddy is tough is that if the mark is there to take, he rarely doesn't take it. If it is a one on one he wins way more than he loses. He never goes to ground and can stand up in a tackle. He never turns it over. He does all the things strong players do. I have never not noticed him not putting his head over the ball, but again he is no Cotchin. And once he went to the wing he ran really hard.

Your WC mates probably don't know much about him as we don't know the finer points on half the WC players. I rate him because he is class and he uses the ball really well. He is miles above Ellis and MacIntosh and probably any other wingman we have right now, although Stack and Bolton etc are closing that gap fast.

Always na. I happen to agree with a awful lot of what others say. I dont just agree though because the majority say it.

Everyone knows im in Perth and i know im not invested in players like many others, i happen to think it allows me to be more objective. One thing for sure i always look at both sides of the debate and make my mind up from there. I dont think many invested supporters of all clubs are capable of that.
On Caddy so many wce freo supporters i have met are quite disparaging about him. In fact it was a wce mate who had me look more closely at caddy.Im not saying hes soft but he isnt the big tough player everyone here talks about in some ways he has been disappointing. Just my opinion.
I think the point the posters are trying to make is that you just come across as someone who wants to be known "as having a different opinion to the norm". The 'norm' in this instance being adoring Richmond fans.

I guess its just that your pro Richmond player comments are so vastly out weighed by your negative comments towards our players. As such, it seems that your "I only speak the truth" mantra that you claim to have, comes off a little fake and manufactured. Hence, I understand why some people seem to think that you really are trying to just be different for the sake of being different/cool/against the grain/non compliant.

Given the current climate of our football club, if you were really just calling a spade a spade (as you claim), then your pro Richmond player comments would certainly outweigh those that are negative. Just my 2 cents :)

He would stroll into any WCE or Freo teams, blindfolded!
Cant have 22 Dustys.

I think the point the posters are trying to make is that you just come across as someone who wants to be known "as having a different opinion to the norm". The 'norm' in this instance being adoring Richmond fans.

I guess its just that your pro Richmond player comments are so vastly out weighed by your negative comments towards our players. As such, it seems that your "I only speak the truth" mantra that you claim to have, comes off a little fake and manufactured. Hence, I understand why some people seem to think that you really are trying to just be different for the sake of being different/cool/against the grain/non compliant.

Given the current climate of our football club, if you were really just calling a spade a spade (as you claim), then your pro Richmond player comments would certainly outweigh those that are negative. Just my 2 cents :)
I think the point you miss is i dont bag all of our players ive been very critical of a handful, and i havent bagged Caddy.

Oprah from tigerland posted the martin goal above having watched the clip i asked the question is running from behind giving a girly bump and then pushing another player in the back while gobbing off knowing there was never going to be any sort of retaliation tough. Of course it aint but you wouldnt know it on here.Getting involved in a bit of push and shove or mouthing off is not being tough.Caddy is always doing that sort of crap.

Im critical in the sense he came over to us as a big inside mid wanting more midfield time and as such IMO has been poor.Imo we have found two new roles for him both roles hes been pretty decent in but if he was the mid we wanted he would not have been asked to do those roles.

Tiger supporters will argue this but his best season by far was back in 2015 while still a geelong player. that seems to be the odd season out.
Whats frustrating is in 2015 he showed he can consistently win contested ball, lay plenty of tackles and win plenty of clearances but its been a one off season hence he struggled to get a go in geelongs midfield and hes hardly done the job with us.

I dont believe he has been the beast of a player supporters make him out to be and he has not delivered in the role we got him for. For me HE has been disappointing in too many areas hence i think hes just been mainly average while with us.

Do i pick him in the best 22 sure i do but imo he is now borderline.

of course it your opinion, just like the opinions that you have had, as you've hand picked and potted at least half a dozen medallion wearing tigers over the years with your vitriol.

He’s just a miserable campaigner, who’s presence should be permanently ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back