Player Watch #22: Josh Caddy - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

caddy/pantsman

in time of corona , dont get the marketing exec or physio prednant][sic]gabriel Garcia Marquez will come for you even tho the copyright is over 70 years so u can fuck that $h!t up
I'm sorry but I don't get what you are saying

I very much want Caddy in but the existential question is where to play him. I don't see him as a half back flanker where there would appear to be an opening at the beginning of the season at least. And as an aside, Markov must be having nightmares wondering whether he made the right call to leave for more playing time when he did. The only apparent potential spot in the scoring half of the field seems to be Rioli's position but Rioli plays a very different role. It's a good problem for the selection committee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fred Perry Black polo shirts with yellow piping and crossed oak leaves on the breast is the favoured uniform for the Proud Boys regarded as an extreme right wing ultra nationalist political movement and strong anti feminists.

(My understanding so feel free to correct me if I have any of that wrong).

The owners of the "Fred Perry" label first requested that Proud Boys stop wearing and promoting their polo's and then withdrew that particular shirt from sale, when the request was ignored, not wanting their brand to be associated with the Proud Boys group or philosophy.

I'm guessing Caro really isn't the Proud Boys type of woman (ie one employed to give strong opinions).

I have a similar RFC polo, black with yellow piping (X2) around the sleeves. Instead of the oak leaves mine has the Tigers logo. I confess I'm less sure about wearing it out now. I doubt the club uses Fred Perry lol

Last edited:
Poor mans Lynch. Said it two years ago there was no spot for him when Lynch arrived. Survived 2019 bc of the strength of our players to carry him. However he’s too slow and the Sydney youngsters made him look like a mother pushing a twin stroller up a hill.
Agree ,blows my mind how he is still getting games, we've tried him in different roles, simply
Too slow , he's a forward or nothing.

Given Aarts slow start to the year and the way that the game has opened up for multiple targets inside 50, I still think Caddy has a role to play closer to goal.
If we are going to bring another marking target inside our 50 may as well just play a tall (Chol, Ryan or CCJ) at least they can help in the ruck

Imagine a forward line with Caddy, Lynch, Riewoldt and Aarts, good in the air, very slow when the ball hits the deck.
Well, I mean Caddy's job is to be the third / mid sized tall, not a crumbing forward like Aarts who puts on pressure.

Well, I mean Caddy's job is to be the third / mid sized tall, not a crumbing forward like Aarts who puts on pressure.
But the ball is on the ground about 90% of the time. Contested marks or any marks judging by this years forward line would make up about 10% of our forward entries, teams would waltz out of our defence.

Jack has lost pace so can't apply the pressure he did a few years ago, Lynch is having no influence yet, especially when the ball is on the deck, and Caddy although he might take a few marks and might kick a few goals, would probably not balance the ledger of the ball rebounding with ease as it seems to be doing.

Might be worth having a look to see what he can offer, but it also might be worth seeing what Ralph Smith might offer also as he is same size, good in the air and quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back