db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
His had 3 games showed little it's not like there aren't players pushing for his position.His role is only as a forward nothing else.

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
His positional change is one of the most absurd things in football

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I get why they did it. We needed a wingman and he didn't have a spot any more once Lynch arrived.

But it didn't work early last year and it isn't working again now. He's just too slow to be able to run hard back and defend off the wing.

Watch the start of the third quarter against the Swans. Two quick goals and both were him trailing into the defense and not picking up a man quick enough.

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I get why they did it. We needed a wingman and he didn't have a spot any more once Lynch arrived.

But it didn't work early last year and it isn't working again now. He's just too slow to be able to run hard back and defend off the wing.

Watch the start of the third quarter against the Swans. Two quick goals and both were him trailing into the defense and not picking up a man quick enough.
tbf, one of those wasn't his man, it was the ruckman drifting down from memory.

Punt Road Feral

Premiership Player
Aug 23, 2007
Punt Road's Manure Pit
AFL Club
Richmond
He’s not a wingman unfortunately.
We can get away with it with the lesser sides but the stronger teams will expose us for it and that’s when Caddy really stands out as someone who can’t be a great wingman when the whips are cracking.

Can be a very damaging second forward if Jack or Lynch is injured but it’s too top heavy with all three in the same forward line teams can almost walk it outside our F50.
He played this role extremely well in 2017 and was a vital cog to that premiership team but structurally our side has changed and there isn’t really a place for him.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
The other problem Caddy has is when either Jack or Lynch are off then Dusty rests forward. We're too slow around the midfield and wings and we need a burst player like a Peter Matera to look for an exit to stream the ball forward.
Do we have any kid on the list with the ability to play this role?

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
The other problem Caddy has is when either Jack or Lynch are off then Dusty rests forward. We're too slow around the midfield and wings and we need a burst player like a Peter Matera to look for an exit to stream the ball forward.
Any Matera's in our 2's that anyone has noticed!!
But I agree about Caddy and the need for speed. Ralphsmith has good wheels, not sure he's a wingman just yet. Reckon Cumberland looks like he could play wing. Strong and fast and aggressive, but coming off a knee. Pickett is probably still our best option I think, quick enough and hard at it. Looks very fit as well. Think he has been messed around a bit this season and needs to settle in one place.

Rocco sifreddi

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
That's the thing now outside runners have become
More important than ever with the rule changes
We need to give naish another go on the wing
Someone has to cement a spot there, caddy isn't the answer .

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Any Matera's in our 2's that anyone has noticed!!
But I agree about Caddy and the need for speed. Ralphsmith has good wheels, not sure he's a wingman just yet. Reckon Cumberland looks like he could play wing. Strong and fast and aggressive, but coming off a knee. Pickett is probably still our best option I think, quick enough and hard at it. Looks very fit as well. Think he has been messed around a bit this season and needs to settle in one place.
I wasn't suggesting to have a ready made Matera, but if we had a player that could be groomed into that role as our lack of pace around the ball was noticeable on Saturday.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I wasn't suggesting to have a ready made Matera, but if we had a player that could be groomed into that role as our lack of pace around the ball was noticeable on Saturday.
Ralphsmith seems to be the answer.Has a tank and speed.Maybe Naish because of his disposal by foot, but i'd go with Ralph.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Ralphsmith seems to be the answer.Has a tank and speed.Maybe Naish because of his disposal by foot, but i'd go with Ralph.
What has happened to Pickett, he had a very good year on the wing last year, and is fitter and stronger this year. All for adding players like Ralphsmith, but they are young so will need to be transitioned unless they come out like Stack did. Speaking of which, the latter half of the season he might be that player.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
What has happened to Pickett, he had a very good year on the wing last year, and is fitter and stronger this year. All for adding players like Ralphsmith, but they are young so will need to be transitioned unless they come out like Stack did. Speaking of which, the latter half of the season he might be that player.
Pickett stays in with Macca out.Pickett is frustrating though.Very much a mixed bag.Does one great thing followed by 2 frustrating moments.The thing is we've lost 2 of our best 3 2 way runners(Kmac & Meatball).Ralphsmith seems the most logical for one.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
Pickett stays in with Macca out.Pickett is frustrating though.Very much a mixed bag.Does one great thing followed by 2 frustrating moments.The thing is we've lost 2 of our best 3 2 way runners(Kmac & Meatball).Ralphsmith seems the most logical for one.
Ralphsmith suspended. Long term though will be good to see him get his chance.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
RCD is that kind of burst player. Naish seems a natural pacy winger to me with a penetrating kick. Ralphsmith utility with a burst through attacking style.

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Thought Caddy looked in good form the first couple of weeks. Dropped off pretty badly but still reckon he would be a good option up forward. Jack and Lynch seem to be struggling in the air and another crafty aerial potential down there wouldn’t hurt at all IMO

Is he injured atm or just written off entirely?

Back