Retired #22: Matthew Leuenberger - offered a new deal but chose to retire - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

If only Luey had a little less of the unco ruckman in him, he'd be sitting up there in the top 3 big men of the comp. Surprised we got 20 games out of him this year as well, been a pretty handy addition.

Flown under the radar, has been really good for us. Looking forward to he and Bellchambers next year. COULD be a good combination, both are capable forward. Both have good tap work.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAASdAAAAJDQ1NDNmM2I1LTU2YjktNGQ2Zi05MDczLTgxODMwNmFiMDIyMg.jpg

In all seriousness, has been great this year. Bargain bin priced ruckman who is playing well above his pay.

Will only get better and have even more confidence in his abilties next year.

I like him.. A lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beers are on you, my friend.

Yep, me too. Did his job very well this year.
Happy for him that he's finally finding some consistency with his footy. Difference in levels of support I suspect, coupled with the fact that he's well away from the concrete centre square at the Gabba.

We'll always lament not seeing much of his best at Brissy.

Had a very good, and slightly underappreciated, 2016.
I think that Luey is one our most important players going into 2017, given it's only TBC behind him in ruck (who is almost completely an unknown quantity now)

Thought he had an absolutely marvellous year last year. He got his body right, he was given that responsibility of being our number one ruck option the entire year and I thought he really thrived. There were occasions where he took an eternity to get the ball onto his boot at times but that's not even a valid criticism. It's an acknowledgement of his willingness to get involved in the play at ground level and get his hands dirty when it's his turn to go. Number one ruckman by a mile. Loved his year - thrilled that he's ours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back