22 of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Premieroos

Senior List
Apr 29, 2023
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Putting that game behind us, it does give some hope for next year, with some quality players coming between now and then.

This round 1 team, assuming everyone gets in good form and stays fit, gives me cautious hope for the future.

Backs:
Corr Mckay*? Archer
Goater Sheezel Pick 17*

Mids:
Scott Wardlaw Ford

Forwards:
George Comben Thomas
Watson* Larkey Zurhaar

Followers:
Goldstein LDU Sanders*

Bench:
Phillips Simpkin
Shiels (^)

Notes:
- If Mckay leaves, I will personally perform a ritual to summon Himmelberg in the middle of Arden St Oval
* = Players that may / may not be there next year
(^) = Curtis / Stephenson / Hansen Jr. / Harvey / Taylor / 2023 Draftee

Last edited:
Thomas, Mcdonald, Stephenson will all be there in round 1
Forgot about Thomas lol, we're not winning finals with Mcdonald or Stephenson's performances from last night though, which they have shown no signs of being able to improve upon.

Forgot about Thomas lol, we're not winning finals with Mcdonald or Stephenson's performances from last night though, which they have shown no signs of being able to improve upon.

Stephenson has had one his better years and will be 25 years old next year. He will be playing.

He is front of Curtis and George. No question

Stephenson has had one his better years and will be 25 years old next year. He will be playing.

He is front of Curtis and George. No question
I mean if George lives up to the hype around him then he'll kick just as many goals and unlike Stephenson, actually be stronger at tackling than Hasbulla wrapping a pool noodle around the oppponent's trunk, we'll have to see though.

B: Archer McKay McDonald
HB: Goater Corr (port pick/hbf traded in like hunter clark) or Perez/Bergman
C: Ford Simpkin Powell
HF: Thomas Comben Sheezel
F: zurhaar larkey Sleevo
R: Xerri Phillips LDU
I: CCJ Wardlaw Wiz Watson Curtis
Sub: Scott/Sanders

B: Archer McKay McDonald
HB: Goater Corr (port pick/hbf traded in like hunter clark) or Perez/Bergman
C: Ford Simpkin Powell
HF: Thomas Comben Sheezel
F: zurhaar larkey Sleevo
R: Xerri Phillips LDU
I: CCJ Wardlaw Wiz Watson Curtis
Sub: Scott/Sanders
Lol hate boner for Scott aside, there's no way we're not tanking with Mcdonald, CCJ, Curtis and Powell with their current form in the team over Scott and Sanders. Especially with Sheezel forward and Xerri on the field we're not getting it past the midfield from a D50 transition with this team.

I mean if George lives up to the hype around him then he'll kick just as many goals and unlike Stephenson, actually be stronger at tackling than Hasbulla wrapping a pool noodle around the oppponent's trunk, we'll have to see though.

The thing is Sleevo is on track for a 30 goal season as basically the third option in a team devoid of (decent) forward 50 entries whilst having spurts on the wing. He’s absolutely playing. Also I feel the kinda guy who needs actual, legitimate structure around him, such as an accompanying small forward and a proper CHF.

The club has also shown that younger players categorically will go through the VFL system to get reps in prior to AFL level (except for Sheez because he’s super man) and so I fully expect George to play a fair bit in the 2s before a senior run.

Aside from that I don’t disagree with much from your side.

Lmac will be there most likely, but no idea where.

This is depressing. Needs at least a couple of left field quality additions as well as organic growth in current list.

Last edited:
LMAC - Pink - Biggy
Colby - Chom - Sheez
Scott - LDU - Stephens
Stevo - CCJ - Jy
The Bull - Larkey - Curtis
Xerri - Warlord - Taryn
Tucker - Bergman - Goater
Shiel - Phillips

Unavailable perhaps for R1: Ford (dammit) and Corr and Georgie prob needs a few in the twos.
Logue mid season.

Who’s unlucky? Fisher? He prob will play but for who? Other unluckies: Powell? Dawson? Laz? Love all three to breakout.
Who did I forget?

LMAC - Pink - Biggy
Colby - Chom - Sheez
Scott - LDU - Stephens
Stevo - CCJ - Jy
The Bull - Larkey - Curtis
Xerri - Warlord - Taryn
Tucker - Bergman - Goater
Shiel - Phillips

Unavailable perhaps for R1: Ford (dammit) and Corr and Georgie prob needs a few in the twos.
Logue mid season.

Who’s unlucky? Fisher? He prob will play but for who? Other unluckies: Powell? Dawson? Laz? Love all three to breakout.
Who did I forget?
Almost the correct side unfortunately McDonald.Biggy will be replaced in backline by Goater and Bergman with also CCJ starting on the bench and Zuhaar being CHF Dursma onto Half forward line Then on bench CCJ Hardenham Fisher Phillips and a toss up between Powell and Tucker as the sub.

Almost the correct side unfortunately McDonald.Biggy will be replaced in backline by Goater and Bergman with also CCJ starting on the bench and Zuhaar being CHF Dursma onto Half forward line Then on bench CCJ Hardenham Fisher Phillips and a toss up between Powell and Tucker as the sub.
Duursma in might push CCJ out, depending on Xerri's capabilities but hopefully sooner rather than later Hardeman becomes a rock in our back 6.

LMac - Pink - Corr
Fisher - Biggy - Sheezel
Scott - LDU - Stephens
Sleevo - Chom - Jy
Curtis - Souv - Bull
X - Warlord - Tarryn
CCJ - Colby - Bergs - Tucker
Phillips
Emg: Shiel

Updated with Ressies, my failing memory meant I got creative to describe VFL recruits I’ve read about in recent weeks 😂

Hardeman - Dawson - Archer
Drury - Goad - Goater
Taylor - Powell - Downie VFL
Cooper - Duursma - Robbie Jnr
New Ruck Will - Lowson - George
Free - Greenwood - Laz
Ben Davis , Melbourne kid Deakyn, Maley (Moose), Butler, Sonsie, Watkins, 2 new U18s, Country back, Capelliaro

Injured: Ford, Logue,

Nice to see 8-9 kids in reserves with big upsides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back