Autopsy 22 point win over Carlton - Rd 11, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Here we go. Mitchell played 19 games in 2015 and 26 games in 2016, before he took the Judas money for the Hawks. He's never played that many since. He played 65 games in his first 4 years at the Swans and 63 in his next 4 at the Hawks. Mitchell left for $$ and probably a chance to win a Charlie. He was never gonna win enough votes at the Swans with Parker, Hanners, Franklin & Kennedy all polling ahead of him and an up and coming Heeney just behind. Tom Mitchell spells Team with an I.

Did Tom Mitchell leave sydney ?

Why haven’t we discussed this before

I get a little peeved when we have a win and all the commentary is about the team we beat:mad: Its like Carlton lost all by themselves somehow.

* them
Let the media celebrate essendons premiership from the weekend

We can fly under the radar

Here we go. Mitchell played 19 games in 2015 and 26 games in 2016, before he took the Judas money for the Hawks. He's never played that many since. He played 65 games in his first 4 years at the Swans and 63 in his next 4 at the Hawks. Mitchell left for $$ and probably a chance to win a Charlie. He was never gonna win enough votes at the Swans with Parker, Hanners, Franklin & Kennedy all polling ahead of him and an up and coming Heeney just behind. Tom Mitchell spells Team with an I.
I don't hold any opinion on Mitchell leaving, I actually think it's worked out well for us, was just pointing out hypocrisy.

For once i agree , he's a selfish henry the 3rd

You and I don't always get along but I will forever be grateful to you for introducing me to that insult. I had never heard it until you used it once and now it is one of the most commonly used terms in my vernacular! (Not sure that's a good thing...)

Sorry Champ. That is surprisingly mean spirited from you. You forgot he broke a leg, had a shoulder reco and still plays serviceable footy.

You and I don't always get along but I will forever be grateful to you for introducing me to that insult. I had never heard it until you used it once and now it is one of the most commonly used terms in my vernacular! (Not sure that's a good thing...)
My new one is your a Greg Hunt , not you , just in general , works well on Twitter.

Sorry Champ. That is surprisingly mean spirited from you. You forgot he broke a leg, had a shoulder reco and still plays serviceable footy.

serviceable is being kind ... i couldn't give a toss what stats might say, mitchell has become less and less relevant since his brownlow, pretty much mirroring his team ... wingard's another one ... look good enough in a loaded side but never gonna put a team on their shoulders ...

Managed to watch the whole game this morning.

Lloyd was absolutely excellent. Quite a lot of very good kicks and only a couple that he'd rather take again. I particularly loves his willingness to run from halfback and into the contest. He got a few possessios with long and good kicks inside 50 and shut down a few forays forward with a good tackle too.

Heeney still my best in but lloyd was close to it.

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jake Lloyd has had a sensational month. Still our most dangerous rebounding player off HB when he's using his run and carry, and he's even launching them down the corridor when kicking in now. Gun.

Absolutely. He's no Dawson by foot but his overlap run has been brilliant and has consistently created opportunities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's not too concerning if we're sitting here discussing Stephens' main flaw as his lack of (or perceived lack of) hardness. That's something that can be drilled into players through confidence and experience. There was once a time when Cunningham was written off as too soft and he is now the benchmark for genuine hard nut efforts in the back line. There's also been plenty of moments where McInerney has looked the nervous teenage twig in contests. He has the confidence to collect himself after those moments; Stephens doesn't yet. Big deal.

But those two are not highly-touted first round draft picks, poor Stephens is, which means he will inevitably be hounded by some on this board until he's condemned to being another name in some poster's "oUr FiRsT rOuNd HiStOrY sUcKs" rant at draft time.

Another example being Warner tracking pretty much exactly as Florent was at the same stage in his career (Warner's impressive goal tally aside): a mid who breaks lines but is not clean with it. One was the bust who should've been Jy Simpkin, the other is The Messiah who is only 20 and just needs time!
You did not just compare the Messiah to Sir Hacklebery.

The rich joys of rhyming slang.

I just watched the first quarter again. We had the ball in our forward half for most of that quarter. If it wasn*t far wayward delivery we would have scored much more.

The second quarter started with Blues getting momentum. But they got that on two things, free kicks and dropping, throwing the ball and some really bad decision making from us. Parker penalised for HTB when he had no idea the ball was touched. Normally that is a bounce. The throws were monumental. They got away with them but we did not. We were given two frees against for incorrect disposal but out of the 40 or more throws by Carlton only two frees against McKay. This was a wasted quarter. They controlled play. Some of our players were exceedingly poor. Especially McLean. Soft. A lot of wasteful disposal and getting in each other's way. Players were not on the same page.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think this is the loss that broke the backs of Carlton supporters they are really angry backed themselves to win i think.

probly based on what most non-swans fans (and maybe quite a few swans fans) expected before the season started, i'd think about 14-15 clubs would have backed themselves to beat sydney this year ... even after 10 weeks ...

probly based on what most non-swans fans (and maybe quite a few swans fans) expected before the season started, i'd think about 14-15 clubs would have backed themselves to beat sydney this year ... even after 10 weeks ...

Yer definitely they have a few youtube channels they were absolutely ropeable at this loss probably dont rate us at all as they think their side is in the same bracket as ours.

Dude at 53mins is having a huge meltdown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back