AFL Player #22: Sam Durham - 10 Coaches Votes!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jai Newcombe and Eddie Ford would be other players in the mix
Probably miles Bergman. 2 goals, 20 touches, 7 marks and 6 score involvements in a win. He's also been the most consistent of all the aforementioned players. If Newcombe gets selected its just the afl trying to pump up the mid season draft.

Probably miles Bergman. 2 goals, 20 touches, 7 marks and 6 score involvements in a win. He's also been the most consistent of all the aforementioned players. If Newcombe gets selected its just the afl trying to pump up the mid season draft.
Got it last week

How does a player like him slip through the cracks when he’s the type of footballer everyone is after?

Elite two way runner, can read it and grab it in the air, dual sided by hand and foot, not afraid to go when it’s his turn and most importantly, doesn’t just chase the footy around like an auskicker, is being given a defined role on a wing and sticking to it.

Richmond would be absolutely livid

like Maurice Rioli Jnr!?

Could be a bit forgotten, he doesn’t even come up when you filter eligible players in footywire.

The only players averaging more touches that haven’t been nommed yet are Powell and Poulter.

He's been quite a find since coming into the team. I look forward to seeing his development over the next few years to see how good he can get.
Quite a good user of the ball and a good runner who really busts a gut. Whilst he's an outside player - he's not soft. Plenty to work with there.
I'm not sure yet if he's going to hold down a wing spot for the long term but he's a chance.

I definitely think he's ahead of Ham. His ball use if nothing else is a big plus there.

I like Duz a lot already. Composed and has boot polish.

Provides good pressure on the attacking player, but I feel like he needs to slow down a tad when he approaches the player, corral and then pick his timing to nail the tackle. At the moment he seems to rush to the player and commit his body and momentum too easily, causing him to slip from the tackle when the player simply moves aside a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely needs more muscle, probably the main thing I disliked about his game today. Luckily he’s big enough that I’d say that’s easily changed with a preseason in the gym.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back