Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Played ok. Nowhere near his upper limits though.
Agreed. Kreuzer was shithouse but Goldy certainly didn't set the world on fire. Part of me questions whether the club him in the side in fear that what little trade value he has left will diminish if he is dropped again. You would like to think that wasn't the case and that the best ruckman would be picked but sometimes I just question whether that is the clubs motive. I know Preussy needs to work on his around the ground stuff but he has certainly improved on that a hell of a lot and is a much better tap ruckman than Goldy IMO

I've been a Goldie supporter throughout, but I'm starting to worry that he is no longer physically capable to the levels he once was. Majak has been far superior at centre bounces each of the last two weeks.
And on that Maj should take more of the Centre Square Contests and then swap with Goldy just like Corey and the Fridge used to do in the Olden Days. :stern look

Tim Watson wouldn't shut up about how good Goldy was in that first half.

For good reason. He took McEvoy apart.

A MUCH better tactical display from Todd today.

He has learned from his game vs Gawn.

For good reason. He took McEvoy apart.

A MUCH better tactical display from Todd today.

He has learned from his game vs Gawn.
Were you surprised, SB? Does McEvoy just suit him better? If he was in today's form, would he have done better against Gawn?

Goldy played well today however he had so many chances to scream for the ball on the wing to get move involved and be that outlet kick he had some
Midget hawk player on him didn’t call for it , nonetheless pretty happy with everyone’s game today

Were you surprised, SB? Does McEvoy just suit him better? If he was in today's form, would he have done better against Gawn?

Okay.

Todd was a wake up to McEvoy copying Gawns tactic of jumping in to Todd early to negate his leap. Todd wised up and let McEvoy leap and just stood and palmed the ball at will. An excellent tactical display and one of the major driving forces behind us putting Hawthorn away by half time.

McEvoy changed things up after half time, and played the ball on its merits, and the rucks looked about even to me from then. However, don't forget Todd's excellent weave through traffic off half back in the last quarter that set up Zurhaars goal and iced the match for us.

He was crucial in a lot of good plays today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He embarrassed McEvoy.
Ben was tryna jump into him and Todd was serving it on a plate.

Great in the guts too. The way he opened up the play in the last by going thru the middle was Polly farmer s**t

He is having a much better 2018 than his 2017 and 2016. Was very important to our ascendancy in the first half.
Lets not get crazy about his season so far.........
Wk 1 was flood ridden. Hard to give judgement.
Wk 2 were ok without being a standout. (StKilda)
Wk 3 pantsed by Gawn
Wk 4 was solid, Kruizer was injured.
Wk 5 was decent and gave us 1st use of it most cases. (his best game so far this year).

He is doing his job and this week helps my cause for him being attractive to other clubs. ;)

Last edited:
Okay.

Todd was a wake up to McEvoy copying Gawns tactic of jumping in to Todd early to negate his leap. Todd wised up and let McEvoy leap and just stood and palmed the ball at will. An excellent tactical display and one of the major driving forces behind us putting Hawthorn away by half time.

McEvoy changed things up after half time, and played the ball on its merits, and the rucks looked about even to me from then. However, don't forget Todd's excellent weave through traffic off half back in the last quarter that set up Zurhaars goal and iced the match for us.

Great analysis Snake. Credit to Will Minson?

Okay.

Here's a good example of what I am talking about (thanks to GR for the video)

Really smart ruckwork which resulted in a goal.

not only the ruckwork, but he's also the first one to break forward. He did this a lot yesterday, his effort was tremendous.

It's a great example of a brilliant set play by Goldy, Cunners & Higgo.

Mitchell was completely clueless as to what was going on and was caught out badly defensively.

I'm really glad that there are some people that are putting a bit more thought in to analysing this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back