Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Little mixed on this one, he still one of best three or four ruckman in the comp so I'm happy he has re-signed, but to sign a 31yo to a three deal could bite us down the track.

My hope is that it gives Xerri another season or two to build and improve and eventually push his way into our starting 22.

Little mixed on this one, he still one of best three or four ruckman in the comp so I'm happy he has re-signed, but to sign a 31yo to a three deal could bite us down the track.

My hope is that it gives Xerri another season or two to build and improve and eventually push his way into our starting 22.
Want to see Xerri force his way into the team near end of next year. Needs to be knocking on the door at least

Undead = alive? Sort of pointless using that word.

Anyway, she must be pretty good, because Tarry Thomas only got 11 possessions in that game. Rad's granny >>>> TT.

She could be one of the living dead. Unlikely to get injured but lacks pace and the whole eating fellow humans thing would mean frequent trips to the tribunal.

“Despite being offered more money and more time elsewhere when North offered the 3rd year it showed me they were taking a risk and backing me in and I’m so determined to repay them.”

gallery-1458221273-ht-sam-griner-then-02-jef-150413-16x9-992.jpg

Boo-ya!

Great news. Thanks for the show of faith Goldie - now lets get cracking on that premiership that a few of you are now (suddenly) openly expressing a desire for.

You now have a general who wants the same thing.

Undead = alive? Sort of pointless using that word.

Anyway, she must be pretty good, because Tarry Thomas only got 11 possessions in that game. Rad's granny >>>> TT.

Undead is not alive. His grandma is a vampire or a werewolf. Possibly a zombie ... actually that does begin to explain things.

4 years would have been awfully close to 1st Round compo, if not guaranteed end of R1.

Pick 8/9 or 19 would have been glorious.

Are we all sure we know where we are at as a list....?

Want to see Xerri force his way into the team near end of next year. Needs to be knocking on the door at least

If that happens either Tristan is particularly gifted or the team has been decimated by injury or poor form.

As a point of reference neither David Hale or Hamish McIntosh had done more than a token debut by the end of year 3. Max Gawn had 4 career games at that stage.

Xerri can end 2020 without a senior game and potentially still be a strong prospect.

4 years would have been awfully close to 1st Round compo, if not guaranteed end of R1.

Go and take a brisk walk. Get some fresh air.

1. We were never getting a top 10 pick. Never ever ever ever ever.
2. You are chronically undervaluing Todd Goldstein as a player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a chance the AFL would give us band 1 compo. We’d be lucky to get band 2. Who do you think we are? Melbourne?

I'm guessing that some people who post here never actually attend games. It's the only explanation for them wanting to get rid of a player who dominated his position and got better as the season progressed.

Do yourselves a favour and catch a replay of the Port Adelaide R22 game.

Season was over - like Jmac when the pressure was lifted he rose to the occasion.

When dealing with confirmation bias, let's look no further than the 2nd Essendon game where he made Zac Clarke look competent.

Anyway, good luck to us, hope Xerri is ok with this news.

Undead is not alive. His grandma is a vampire or a werewolf. Possibly a zombie ... actually that does begin to explain things.

Look, I know what undead usually refers to - it's just that in this case it was even less relevant in the context than most of his usual ramblings.

Season was over - like Jmac when the pressure was lifted he rose to the occasion.

When dealing with confirmation bias, let's look no further than the 2nd Essendon game where he made Zac Clarke look competent.

Anyway, good luck to us, hope Xerri is ok with this news.

Confirmation bias, hey? What about the stats that showed the competition was dominated by three ruckman this season? All were in the top 10 statistically. You'll need to ignore those to confirm anti-Goldy bias.

Zac Clarke plays two very good games a year. He is the classic Kerridge player. He also destroyed us at Etihad in his second last season for Freo.

Xerri will be fine with it - it was his expectation. Source: speaking with Tom Campbell at the 150th dinner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back