Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope he does become like the man, except try winning what corey got robbed off. But the main thing is getting the premiership Cup.

Obviously doesnt have the kicking and marking ability, but from what ive seen is alot quicker and agil, as well as having a frigging huge leap.

Have to be patient, we can e critical of him when he gets to the same age as hale is now.

hey im not sure about what you guys think, but what about this line up in a few years

FB: Petrie
CHB:Hansen
Wing/Rover: Moran (like Goodes)
CHF: Hale
FF: Hutchison (he was bottom age last year so he could have gone this year, he did dominate at u16 level so this year he might of been 1st or second round this year)
Rucks: Macintosh and Goldmember

I was also reading somewhere that this guy is slow over the first 20 metres (Weaver's draft I think).

This guy seems like an exact replica of McIntosh to me. Might have been ok as a pick lower down (even though someone else would have snapped him up), but I just felt there were still better midfield & forward options available when this pick came around.

he's gone below 3 seconds for the 20 metre sprint before..

Another thing to remember, Stibbard and co must rate him a much better prospect at 18yo than Moran. To take him at 37 in this draft given some of the names that went after means he must have some ability and genuine upside.

I was very surprised by the pick, personally. Connors looks a jet, Houli was very highly rated and both were available.

We'll see.

he's gone below 3 seconds for the 20 metre sprint before..

I doubt it, that'd be quicker than Luenburger and Gibbs etc, but id be happy to be proven wrong.

I doubt it, that'd be quicker than Luenburger and Gibbs etc, but id be happy to be proven wrong.

Gibbs isn't quick.

Moran ran the sprint in 1.78 seconds and he was 200cm and around 85kgs. Moran is an atheletic freak, his old man was an olympic runner for England I believe.

Look at how we've built our ruck division (very clever by the club):

Hale - The All-Rounder

Hamish - Forward Orientated

Moran - Athletic Ruckman

Goldstein - Tap ruckman

Good post. And they are all at different stages of their development. Can't have too many ruckmen I reckon. 1 in 5 make it. before this current crop, name me North's last homegrown genuine ruckman - and I'm not talking about someone who gave us 50 games but rather 100-200 in that role.

If 2 of the above 4 make it, I'll be wrapt

Gibbs isn't quick.

Moran ran the sprint in 1.78 seconds and he was 200cm and around 85kgs. Moran is an atheletic freak, his old man was an olympic runner for England I believe.
lol think about 1.78 20m for a second, thats a 8.9second 100m's. I dont think so. It was 2.78, and for a 200cm bloke thats 106kg's going as quick as Gibb's id be fine with.

lol think about 1.78 20m for a second, thats a 8.9second 100m's. I dont think so. It was 2.78, and for a 200cm bloke thats 106kg's going as quick as Gibb's id be fine with.

Ummm, yeah, meant 2.78. :p

It is still damn quick for someone his size. ;)

Well he is the quickest player for the 20m test in the AFL, Most Ruckman struggle for 3.20 when they've bulked up, id reckon moran would be around the 2.95 mark or so, which is blistering for a fully built ruckman, thats why if Goldstein is anywhere near 3.00 and has the tap capabilities i'd be rapt.

I think it might actually be 1.78s.

Because 2.78 per 20m over 100m is 13.9 seconds, which isn't fast at all.

Plus the way they measure it isn't from a standing start. They get a head of steam up and then they measure them at full speed over 20m in which case it could actually be 1.78s per 20m.

Remember that whilst the 100m record might be 9.89s, that's from a standing start, plus runners will tire over the course of 100m. Not much, but certainly more than they will over 20m.

Plus the way they measure it isn't from a standing start. They get a head of steam up and then they measure them at full speed over 20m in which case it could actually be 1.78s per 20m.

Isn't it the purpose of this test to ascertain what a bloke is like over the first 20m? Wouldn't make much sense if he was moving when this was measured if that was the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it might actually be 1.78s.

Because 2.78 per 20m over 100m is 13.9 seconds, which isn't fast at all.

Remember that whilst the 100m record might be 9.89s, that's from a standing start, plus runners will tire over the course of 100m. Not much, but certainly more than they will over 20m.
Nope it is definately from a standing start, and it is definately 2.78.

http://www.footydraft.com/players.php?player=brad_moran

Gibbs isn't quick.

Moran is an atheletic freak, his old man was an olympic runner for England I believe.

He is an athletic freak & his old man played for Aston Villa in England.

IIRC Hale's oldies were Olympians. His old man a rower and his mother a basketballer.

Goldstein 106kg's! :eek:

The Monster was only 200/100 when we drafted him, this blokes 201/106 thats huge.

Is this real?.... astonishing. I was so astonished i had to look up some of the other afl ruckmen stats

mcintosh 203/101
hale 200/103
gardiner 199/99
biglands 198/104
charman 197/101
mcdonald 203/103
cox 204/104
seaby 200/95

this guy is seriously big. what will he be like when he finishes growing? has anyone seen him... is it fat/muscle, does he look like he's going to fill out anymore? the guy is an absolute monster, no-wonder people want to call him frankenstein.

I am amazed, truely amazed.

Is this real?.... astonishing. I was so astonished i had to look up some of the other afl ruckmen stats

mcintosh 203/101
hale 200/103
gardiner 199/99
biglands 198/104
charman 197/101
mcdonald 203/103
cox 204/104
seaby 200/95

this guy is seriously big. what will he be like when he finishes growing? has anyone seen him... is it fat/muscle, does he look like he's going to fill out anymore? the guy is an absolute monster, no-wonder people want to call him frankenstein.

I am amazed, truely amazed.

You would think that if he is an elte basketballer then he wouldn't be too out of shape! Did anyone tak any notice of him in the TAC cup final?

You would think that if he is an elte basketballer then he wouldn't be too out of shape! Did anyone tak any notice of him in the TAC cup final?

I read somewhere that Weaver said that he doesnt have alot of Muscle definition, and believes he has a fair bit of puppy fat, id like to see what his playing weight would be after a pre-season at AFL level, if it stays about the same, then he really is a monster.

Is that him in the pic, about to unload a right hook? If so, he's a big unit for an 18 yr old.

00108742-thumbnail.jpg

Christ, what is he about to do to that poor ********er going for the footy?

Is that him in the pic, about to unload a right hook? If so, he's a big unit for an 18 yr old.

00108742-thumbnail.jpg

Nope 30 is the other ruckmen Crozier, Goldstein was named at FF in the starting lineup for the game.

Jumper 56. Have a look on the Chargers website of pics of him. He is huge, and not fat at all. He will be a Sandilands type when he fills out, enormous!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back