Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well in that case we'd get first round compensation

He has been overpaid for 3 seasons.

Happy he is going well, but he is out of contract and has history of going well in contract years.

1 year deals from now on to keep him hungry. $700k is a huge salary for a 32 year old ruckman.
Must have had a lot of contract years in his time then. Been great year in year out for a long time now bar his personal issues. Keep up the great work Goldy.

Sensational game by the big man. He is one of the great contract year players of all time.

I'd offer him 1x $700k deal with trigger for another year.

I have no idea what his contract years have been but Im sure its not every year since 2008.

Goldie.PNG

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well in that case we'd get first round compensation

He has been overpaid for 3 seasons.

Happy he is going well, but he is out of contract and has history of going well in contract years.

1 year deals from now on to keep him hungry. $700k is a huge salary for a 32 year old ruckman.
If its good for Boomer then its good for the yellowstone.

"So there's a three-year offer from St Kilda," Jay-Z said on Dead Set Legends.

"North's initial offer was for a one-year deal which wasn't cutting the mustard."

"Brady Rawlings - now that he is the new footy manager - has stepped in on this one... (and) upped the anti to a two-year deal with a potential contract trigger for a third."

"And that matches the Saints offer."

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm online I'm at work!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston CelticsRedSoxBruins
"So there's a three-year offer from St Kilda," Jay-Z said on Dead Set Legends.

"North's initial offer was for a one-year deal which wasn't cutting the mustard."

"Brady Rawlings - now that he is the new footy manager - has stepped in on this one... (and) upped the anti to a two-year deal with a potential contract trigger for a third."

"And that matches the Saints offer."
Brady using his schnozz to provide a wedge between Goldy and St Kilda. I like it.

2 with a clause sounds about right too!

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
bloody annoying, we are mssing Daw as another ruck option....

Z Clarke....

View attachment 708482

Goldy wouldn't be a proud man tonight I'd suggest
Campbell would have been handy today. Goldy's a great touch ruck but he's forever struggled when his opposing number says "* it I'm not gonna win the taps I'm just gonna make it hard for Todd to do what he wants", which is what happened today.
Maj would have been the difference today for sure.

Maybe next year.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Warming to him going to St Kilda and giving Campbell the #1 job.

Doesn’t have the mongrel to assert himself in the game when he is clearly the better player.

He should have destroyed Clarke who isn’t AFL standard. Just doesn’t have the killer instinct.

Pruess would have been handy today. He would ground Clarke into the dirt physically.

Did he sign the contract already?
That first 3 quarters was terrible. Should have dominated against Clarke but ended up losing the hitouts.
Yeh his superior fitness got us back into it in the last but he had his colours lowered.
When your midfield is comprehensively beaten in clearances, stoppages, touches and inside 50 then its a bad day out.

Back