Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Does he get the 3 votes Sunday?

Higgins Polec Simpkin Tarrant all have claims IMO. Certainly seems like Goldy got the lions share of the media hype though
Umpire's to this day still underrate the top tier of the competitions ruckman. You only have to look at the amount votes the likes of Gawn and Grundy have received for the past 2 seasons. Goldstein's 2015 season was under valued as well....he had BOG performances during that year in which he wouldn't get a vote.

It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't get any for last weekend.

What was he in to when you cashed out?

I put $25ew at 1000/250 after round 4.

cashed out pre-Rd 23 where we rested half the team v tigers. He would’ve been 7/1 or so by then behind Fyfe

when I first checked the cash out it was mid year and they were offering $2800 then. Every man and his dog said cash out ASAP from then on. I figured as long as he didn’t get injured or suspended I’d keep it rolling and each strong game bought that value up and up.

was always ready to hit cash out mid game if he went down though

51 hit outs
14 contested possessions
9 clearances (against a midfield consisting of Ward, Coniglio and Kelly)
4 one percenters
3 intercepts
5 score involvements
1 goal

...............100% TOG.

That's as lion hearted an effort as you will see from a ruckman. Superb.
Todd Goldstein - 3 votes!

I dunno if others noticed this, but I saw a look of determination on Todd's face in the 3rd quarter that I don't remember seeing before.

Camera angle cut to him having some self talk.

Said something to himself.
Slight nod.
Laser focus.

He's fitter, stronger and mentally there.

Big year for him I reckon.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Slight nod.
Laser focus.

If it's going to be, it's up to me.

He knows the clock is ticking. So does Taz. I just hope the rest of the boys join in that level of commitment.

If they do, then the ultimate prize is within reach.

Slight nod.
Laser focus.

Has his personal life sorted and his footy future assured, with eyes firmly fixed on the missing piece of the puzzle........leaving a legacy with North Melbourne by leading us to the promised land and ultimate success.

He’ll take on all comers this year and do so with confidence in those around him both on and off field.

Last edited:
Has his personal life sorted and his footy future assured, with eyes firmly fixed on the missing piece of the puzzle........leaving a legacy with North Melbourne by leading us to the promised land and ultimate success.

He’ll take on all comers this year and do so with confidence in those around him both on and off field.
Let's say Goldy has about his best year with us. Let's say AA squad type year.

Let's compound that with Snakes ticking clock and say it also pushed Taz and Higgo to their best years.

This would put the 3 of them around that mark and us squarely top 6.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
I put $25ew at 1000/250 after round 4.

cashed out pre-Rd 23 where we rested half the team v tigers. He would’ve been 7/1 or so by then behind Fyfe

when I first checked the cash out it was mid year and they were offering $2800 then. Every man and his dog said cash out ASAP from then on. I figured as long as he didn’t get injured or suspended I’d keep it rolling and each strong game bought that value up and up.

was always ready to hit cash out mid game if he went down though

That’s a supreme effort.

I’ll be happy if I get offered half that.

With a bit of hype over the next few weeks, I can see him getting down to 30’s with a couple of commanding performances.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Goldy on the way to the Brownlow.

SYDNEY'S No.1 ruckman Sam Naismith will miss a second straight match with a hamstring injury as the Swans prepare to take on red-hot North Melbourne big man Todd Goldstein.

(Goldstein)'s one of the best ruckmen who's played over the last 10 to 15 years," Longmire told reporters.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
(Goldstein)'s one of the best ruckmen who's played over the last 10 to 15 years," Longmire told reporters.

...and you could have coached him dick head.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Take a second to contemplate this:

1592516196529.png

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He's comfortably the AA ruckman right now.

1st in the comp for clearances.

That's right, he's averaging more clearances than Cripps, Neale, Kennedy, Adams and Cunnington.

7th for contested possessions.

That is just unheard of for any ruckman of any era.

The Butcher

All Australian
Mar 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I haven't looked into it but as sure as my s**t does stink, something's up if our ruck, who gets his share of taps, is leading our clearances. Wherefore art thou midfield? Who is our mids coach and wtf are they doing.

Cunners oh Cunners

I haven't looked into it but as sure as my sh*t does stink, something's up if our ruck, who gets his share of taps, is leading our clearances. Wherefore art thou midfield? Who is our mids coach and wtf are they doing.

Cunners oh Cunners
I get what your saying but according to the post above this he leads the comp for clearances. Not just the side.

Back