Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Got to remember Luke Darcy is an AA selector and well known North hater.
So with that Goldstein can play his heart out week in week out but with that Deliverence looking wanna be banjo boy Gawn and that other idiot Grundy will be AA ruckman before Goldy gets a look in

They're trying pretty hard to wedge English into the conversation despite the fact he gets his pants pulled down every time he contests with a real ruckman.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They're trying pretty hard to wedge English into the conversation despite the fact he gets his pants pulled down every time he contests with a real ruckman.
Did you see English got a coaches vote? Goldy kicked 2 goals on him which was 40% of our score and spanked him in the Hitouts, yet one of the coaches gave him a vote. The bulldogs are like the special needs kid of the AFL.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was pondering..

Now I'm a Goldstein fan. Would've re-signed him last year and was glad we did.

But for all his dominance I'm not sure how much correlation it's had to wins over the years?
Yeah that is a fair question. My opinion is that how bad would be have been without him. Certainly think the 2 prelims wouldn't have happened. We have long had pretty skinny midfield and he plays as such making us look better in there

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Yeah that is a fair question. My opinion is that how bad would be have been without him. Certainly think the 2 prelims wouldn't have happened. We have long had pretty skinny midfield and he plays as such making us look better in there

Interesting take. Yeh maybe he's gained us, say +30pts per game just by knock-on effect.

The Moti post about out midfield's lack of defensive capability probably tells the story.

eg Goldie taps to our advantage a high% of time but we lack the spread and class to utilise that advantage consistently.

Opposition ruckman taps to advantage a low% but they are able to go on and utilise that advantage consistently.

So Goldie could monster Tim English in the taps but Jed & Co will keep handing it back. English then gets half the effective taps but 99% of them end up with a mid who feeds it quickly to a runner who has space to operate in and the skill to pick out a target I50. That's before factoring in the opposition sharking Goldie's taps when Cunnington isn't fit or there.

Sobering reality.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting take. Yeh maybe he's gained us, say +30pts per game just by knock-on effect.

The Moti post about out midfield's lack of defensive capability probably tells the story.

eg Goldie taps to our advantage a high% of time but we lack the spread and class to utilise that advantage consistently.

Opposition ruckman taps to advantage a low% but they are able to go on and utilise that advantage consistently.

So Goldie could monster Tim English in the taps but Jed & Co will keep handing it back. English then gets half the effective taps but 99% of them end up with a mid who feeds it quickly to a runner who has space to operate in and the skill to pick out a target I50. That's before factoring in the opposition sharking Goldie's taps when Cunnington isn't fit or there.

Sobering reality.
It is. It is shame, and somewhat of an indictment, that we have been the beneficiary of one the best rucks in the comp for so long and haven't surrounded him with the cattle required to really hit the scoreboard

Todd as a life long North Melbourne fan I sincerely apologize for the crap you've been surrounded by whilst having such an absolutely stellar year.

I hope you win the Syd.

Back