Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

If he has a blinder this week against Pittonet, then he should be wound in further.
I think there's a good chance he will be in top 3 this week. Pittonet looked hopeless last week, and no offense there aren't many mids from north stealing votes from Goldstein. Plus Mcdonald goes on Cripps and that's another threat eliminated. For Carlton aside from Cripps, pretty even for the rest, not many stand out players attracting votes.

I think there's a good chance he will be in top 3 this week. Pittonet looked hopeless last week, and no offense there aren't many mids from north stealing votes from Goldstein. Plus Mcdonald goes on Cripps and that's another threat eliminated. For Carlton aside from Cripps, pretty even for the rest, not many stand out players attracting votes.

I agree with most of that, but would argue that Simpkin has been in vote-winning form before Saturday's game (in which he was injured early).

anyone explain the free against in centre square for blocking?
Both ruckmen jumped and missed the ball and somehow a free is paid.

Yes.

Todd had the audacity to run in to a Carlton player who was blocking him from getting a run at the ball.

This is therefore a block free kick to Carlton.

Was below his best today. Don't think he was beaten but certainly didn't have his usual upper hand.
Well with that Deliverence wanna be Gawn starting to play well and with Luke Darcy love child Grundy starting to getting it together Goldstein chances are all but gone for AA selection

Anyone else think he is struggling to get his usual elevation at CC ballups? is he carrying an injury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leviathan.

8 Clearances today. Still leads the league.

Criminally underrated in media circles.
If he doesn’t get AA starting ruck we burn down AFL house. He was taking the piss today

If he doesn’t get AA starting ruck we burn down AFL house. He was taking the piss today

He was dishing off assist like Stockton today, looked effortless.

Didn't mind him at FF either gives him a bit of a break, with Maj in the team that's possible.
O'Brien is a good ruckman he made him look average.

In the Goldy era we've had many a game where we've won the hitouts, hitouts to advantage and clearances... but very very rarely have we been as damaging from clearances as we were today. I think it's impossible but, and to use an inaccurate dicotomy, I'd love to know if Goldy was actively doing anything different with his taps or if the personel change was the most significant factor in the effectiveness of our clearances. For sure the crows are crap , giggidy, and of course the quality of the oppo Ruck was low, but Goldy has played rubbish rucks b4 but without the effective clearances that we had today. Could the attractiveness of tapping it to Gunners be a detriment?

I think him and Jed might have had almost as many clearances as the whole Adelaide team.
He's almost turned into a crash and bash type ruck man with all clearances and contested ball.
He likely doesn't get his hand on as many taps since he's gotten older, but all other facets of his game have improved.

I think Gawn is certainly the number 1 Ruckman in the game, even though the media love Grundy and NN, but Gawn is the only Ruckman to really give goldy troubles.
If he matches him when we play them in a few games then he should be a certainty for AA,

He is even he plays like that for the rest of the year he won’t be an AA player this year Luke Darcy will make sure of it
He won’t even make the team mate. Gawn and Grundy total media faves. I heard I think Dunstall today describe Goldy as the form ruck of the comp.....it’s true but I was stunned to hear it.
Jake Niall had his round 9 AA team up last night.
Had Gawn starting, no Goldi and only the one ruck.
And yes, Darcy Moore at CHB.
I ******* despise the media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back