Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s really poor journalism.

And they want us to pay for content.
Ralf is going full steam with the rebuild talk.
Even after our forms improved.
I don’t know why he bothers.
Which North person would read that and be better for it by the end of it?

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
First off, Ralphy is an imbecile that was dropped on his head as a baby.

Secondly, unless we have an immediate succession plan for Goldy in 2020 then he won't be going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Same goes for any of the names being thrown up. Unless you have a replacement why would you do it? You’re just digging your grave as a football club.

I’d love to know how a compo pick between 20 - 30 for Todd enhances our team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Same goes for any of the names being thrown up. Unless you have a replacement why would you do it? You’re just digging your grave as a football club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the board actually green lighted this rubbish, then it would be our duty to remove them.

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I think you're missing the point.

The more you look at it the more stupid it is!!!

I with the club would sign him up now if Todd’s up for it and be done with it!

Keeping in mind Todd has been shipped every year according to the media! F-wits!

Xerri looks the goods but it being groomed as a forward / ruck I think

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I get it. You love him and want to keep him.

No worries.

i don't love him, i'm just using logic - you've provided no logical reason as to why we should let him go other than thinking that a little freed up cash is going to get some 'fast' midfielders (even though Hall has that in spades and hasn't provided much at all, just sitting in the seconds). realistically we need a ruckman, goldy will be much cheaper in the next few years all while hitting form again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I never said keep him at all costs.

Given we have no replacement, he’s durable, and still one of the better rucks in the comp, the likely compensation wouldn’t be worth letting him walk.

We don't? Campbell goes ok imo. I think people underrate him as Bevo doesn't rate ruckmen. He's been excellent in the VFL and has shown AFL quality.

Sure not as good, but if it nets us another gun mid as salary replacement like Cogniglio and play Cambell (or who we acquired elsewhere), I'd walk Goldstein in a flash.

You are overrating him. He is old and will decline. We don't need him just like we didn't need Wells.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
We don't? Campbell goes ok imo. I think people underrate him as Bevo doesn't rate ruckmen. He's been excellent in the VFL.

Sure not as good but if it nets us another gun mid as salary replacement I'd walk him in a flash.

You are overrating him. He is old and will decline. We don't need him just like we didn't need Wells.
We'll agree to disagree on this one Admiral.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We don't? Campbell goes ok imo. I think people underrate him as Bevo doesn't rate ruckmen. He's been excellent in the VFL.

Sure not as good but if it nets us another gun mid as salary replacement like Cogniglio and play Cambell (or who we acquired elsewhere) I'd walk him in a flash.

LOL

says goldy is average and then talks up campbell's vfl form.

he can't even nullify an average AFL ruckman, that's the MINIMUM requirement. he was dominated in the taps AND around the ground, goldy is like a whippet when the ball hits the ground in comparison the campbell FFS.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We'll agree to disagree on this one Admiral.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

No probs. Like you i hope we keep him. Just i hope it doesn't get silly like the Wells deal (of which was madness what Pies offered) and I'm glad didn't match.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
That was your first mistake; he wasn't writing it for us.

One of 1500 AFL journo's that have bugger all to write about on a regular basis.

Answer: Invent crap on behalf of player managers about a club that a) is small = less fallout, and b) NEVER rebutts any trade hypothetical.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Supercoachers are diving off cliffs at this very moment.

He's earned 2 years & an option at reasonable coin.

Focus needs to go in to his successor now.

Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate

What's wrong with Xerri?

He is miles ahead of Goldy at the same age.

This is where it’s at - North prefer one club players if they earn it and Goldie is a one club player I feel.

He’s earnt it. Another inconvenient truth for some even though many clubs would kill to have a Goldy on their list because the Gawns and Grundys don’t grow on trees!

As for a successor- Xerri is surely looking the goods.

The only question is , is the club thinking’s it’s as a tall forward rather than a ruck? With Campbell there he isn’t doing too much ruckinh but I think he was recruited as a ruck and looks the goods when Ive seen him.

Xerri seems to get around the ground like Goldy but looks to have a stronger marking style. Kicking lots of goals too but obviously he’s up forward so no surprise.

Xerri is the right age to take over in 2-3 years too and could even play some forward if needed and backup ruck until Goldie retires. He’s getting a great apprenticeship under two seasoned pros who go at it in different ways too so he should be learning plenty!!

Last edited:
Back