Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

When I 1st read that he's re signed , my 1st thought was "THE CLUB BLINKED".....I hope the club threw in a few kpi's on his 2nd years output going in to his 3rd year.
To be honest, I go back to this page 1 quite often, it's one of my favourites ("200 cm ruckman. Why?").

I thought you were a Goldy sceptic from way back, sorry if I've confused you without someone else.

I've confused you without someone else

https://images.app.goo.gl/zqugEHNpHeMKU6qP9

A Todd Goldstein sceptic? yes,
A Todd Goldstein hater ? no.

Last edited:
Obviously many ppl here have differing opinions on Todd Goldstein ..... we do not need to agree on everything relating to the NMFC.
Goldstein definitely falls into this category.
Sure there are different opinions. There's just no need to mis-state facts to support opinions.

Goldy divides this board more than any other player.

On LG-H930 using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be honest, I go back to this page 1 quite often, it's one of my favourites ("200 cm ruckman. Why?").

I thought you were a Goldy sceptic from way back, sorry if I've confused you without someone else.
we got moran and hale for god sakes

Well I think it is great news Shineboner for life good no great stuff Goldy Is he worth the coin he is on well it does not really matter the NMFC seems to think so. Goldy and his manager went with a figure in mind took it to us and we obviously agreed. Win win I would say.

Very happy to hear this. I think he seriously considered leaving, but great the club is giving him 3y.

I think everyone should consider what is best for themselves first, I just don't think he needed a 3 year contract and his footy over the entire period of his last contract didn't justify a new 3 year deal even though he played much better this year.

I think he can play until he is 35+ because he doesn't rely on speed or agility, as long as he remains safe from serious leg related injuries.

If I was a top 5 in the AFL ruckman and I thought I could go another 5 years, I would almost want 1 year deals if I was going to push myself to try and be #1 again because you could ask for a 1 year remuneration based on actual performance, as soon as you tack on additional years to a 30+ year old's contract the club is going to be discounting that contract based on the risk they are exposing themselves to.

While I am happy he has re-signed and don't think we have a better prospect for the short-term I am not sure I like the "body language"of wanting security at this point, it almost feels like the player isn't confident of delivering or isn't intent on trying to be the best and is just going to go through the motions.

I hope I am wrong about that, I've always been cautious when it comes to players like Wells, Jacobs, Hansen, etc in the past not like offers put to them at various points in their career. I don't think it is something personal, the club usually has valid reservations about offering longer terms or more money. We are basically in a bad position because we botched how we handled Preuss. He should have played when Goldy was playing like s**t, the end result of not doing so means here we are in this position and our pants are around our ankles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently this was all sorted 'mad Sunday', the same day that Ben McKay stood up and asked the team whether he misheard something and was told yeah ya did. But wanted to push the point.

The same day the players sung the Freo song to Mason Wood.

But yeah ya for us, we need him if we want to improve.

I'm guessing that some people who post here never actually attend games. It's the only explanation for them wanting to get rid of a player who dominated his position and got better as the season progressed.

Do yourselves a favour and catch a replay of the Port Adelaide R22 game.
It’s because they look at everything through the lens of a video game, where you can rort the system and rely on other teams being stupid.

I think everyone should consider what is best for themselves first, I just don't think he needed a 3 year contract and his footy over the entire period of his last contract didn't justify a new 3 year deal even though he played much better this year.

I think he can play until he is 35+ because he doesn't rely on speed or agility, as long as he remains safe from serious leg related injuries.

If I was a top 5 in the AFL ruckman and I thought I could go another 5 years, I would almost want 1 year deals if I was going to push myself to try and be #1 again because you could ask for a 1 year remuneration based on actual performance, as soon as you tack on additional years to a 30+ year old's contract the club is going to be discounting that contract based on the risk they are exposing themselves to.

While I am happy he has re-signed and don't think we have a better prospect for the short-term I am not sure I like the "body language"of wanting security at this point, it almost feels like the player isn't confident of delivering or isn't intent on trying to be the best and is just going to go through the motions.

I hope I am wrong about that, I've always been cautious when it comes to players like Wells, Jacobs, Hansen, etc in the past not like offers put to them at various points in their career. I don't think it is something personal, the club usually has valid reservations about offering longer terms or more money. We are basically in a bad position because we botched how we handled Preuss. He should have played when Goldy was playing like s**t, the end result of not doing so means here we are in this position and our pants are around our ankles.
I don't get what you mean by or don't agree more to the point we are in any position or our pants are down around our ankles. I don't know of any player in any league or any worker for that fact would choose a 1 year deal over a 3 year deal and why should they no matter their age and for the Preuss argument he did not grab his chances in the seniors this year with the Dees he did what Pruess does killed it in the seconds. But like I always say everyone is and should be entitled to his or her opinion Not having a go at you TAS just a difference in opinion that's all.

Don't completely agree with you, but understand the points you are making. One year deals suit the club and not the player. One serious injury and that's it. Goldy is still in the top 5 Rickman in the league, arguably top 3. Those type of players have earnt the ability for a secure contract. 2 years with an option for a 3rd is fair for both player and club. But given our unspent "warchest" I don't have a problem giving him a 3rd year, even if he plays only 2. He's been incredibly durable for a Rickman who plays close to 100% game time.

I did have some inside info on what he might do, which I chose not to post. Turns out my source was wrong!

Apparently this was all sorted 'mad Sunday', the same day that Ben McKay stood up and asked the team whether he misheard something and was told yeah ya did. But wanted to push the point.

This post needs to be elaborated on further.

C387BB6E-2A4A-4B9C-B6CA-42167CCCBCB1.gif

What a truly bizarre statement, even for you. There are plenty of people who share our opinion on where we ought to be heading with our list.

Maybe you should focus on counting to 34 as detecting multiple accounts, appears to be a bridge too far.

Are you and all the other club apologists using alt accounts, I mean you have remarkably similar views in respect of hovering in the nearly good enough to maybe scrape into finals if every possible thing goes right.

I will never want Brandon Ellis fwiw.

With us 3, this joint at least wont be an echo chamber....hmm funny that we live in a democracy but when we dare to voice alternative voice, there is calls for us to be banned, filtered or blocked. I rather hope of NMFC leadership isn't like this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back