Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Eh. While I kind of agree, you also have to take into account that Brad took the wrong approach by 'backing him in' for FAR too long when it was clear to all in Sunbury that the man's head wasn't anywhere near a football field (and his skills were even further away!)

And I also think that in this case you can have it both ways. Acknowledge that situation was largely his own doing AND still feel sorry for the guy. As KC said, this s**t is human nature.
I agree. It's why I called for him to be dropped every week.

You can but you also can't get down on people that are critical of him. You can acknowledge that some will care, some won't, and some are 50/50. The ones that care seem to be doing so whilst shitting on others for having a differing opinion.

THE single most important player on our list.

Not the best, but definitely the most important.
Yep and Id equally have Tarrant there pending who the opponent is on any given day

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
2019 Snake Baker awards

Individual performance of the year, round 22 vs Port Adelaide

There's several candidates, Brown's 10 goals, Zurhaar v Richmond and several Cunnington & Higgins performances, but this one stood out to me.

One of THE all time great NMFC ruck performances.

2019 Snake Baker awards

There's several candidates, Brown's 10 goals, Zurhaar v Richmond and several Cunnington & Higgins performances, but this one stood out to me.

I jizzed hard over this game

2019 Snake Baker awards

How is Ryder still on an AFL list I have no idea.
Systematically destroyed him and honestly for mine is on par with what Carey did at CHF against Melbourne in 96.
Todd did the ruck equivalent.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
One of the best games I’ve seen north play for a longggg time

They were out for redemption

Corey McKernan had some belters, but I'd rate Goldstein v Port 2019 as the best performance by a North ruckman since Gary Dempsey completely slaughtered Simon Madden (an out & out star) and Peter Keenan (a good ruckman) back in round 12 of 1980 (40 disposals, 22 marks and 29 hit outs)

So take the time to savor this one folks, or even get a DVD copy of this game, because games like that don't come around that often.

Corey McKernan had some belters, but I'd rate Goldstein v Port 2019 as the best performance by a North ruckman since Gary Dempsey completely slaughtered Simon Madden (an out & out star) and Peter Keenan (a good ruckman) back in round 12 of 1980 (40 disposals, 22 marks and 29 hit outs)

So take the time to savor this one folks, or even get a DVD copy of this game, because games like that don't come around that often.

Was at that game and Dempsey was impassable across half back. Marked literally everything that came his way.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

McKernan's best was more explosive and Careyesque. Goldie produces better textbook ruck games but Corey could tear a game away in a final from a top quality opposition.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
McKernan's best was more explosive and Careyesque. Goldie produces better textbook ruck games but Corey could tear a game away in a final from a top quality opposition.

Corey was a ruck-forward, not a pure ruckman.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
2019 Snake Baker awards

Reminded me of being at the 1990, 269 point smashing of Richmond

We are coming again

THE single most important player on our list.

Not the best, but definitely the most important.

100% agree and depending on your definition of ‘best’ he has a claim.

If best includes; longevity, structure, consistency, availability, player ranking , team player, match winning potential, then he’s right up there IMHO.

If it’s only class , then your Roles Royce’s get the nod.

My mates and I are forever choosing the top 3 Pro Wrestlers of all time and it gets pretty heavy half way through a bottle of Ardbeg!!!

Back