Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Thought he played well?
Rucked well and did a couple nice things with the ball, deft touches that showed why he was there.

I feel like he's in for a good year.
He was one of the best if were being serious but had to be glossed over in that side.
Did his job and did it well in a team full of a-grade midfielders.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Let's see if he comes to the party and plays some decent football, or if he becomes complacent and just plods along with his 30 hitouts, 10 disposals and a few kicks for the game.
Yeah it couldn't have been a result of anything else going on in his life at the time.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
He was one of the best if were being serious but had to be glossed over in that side.
Did his job and did it well in a team full of a-grade midfielders.

His agility off the deck and general skills were top notch.

A bit like watching Higgins freewheeling off a HBF, imagine those 2 in a really structured side?

I'm not even talking State of Origin grade, just a team with a tight midfield and decent discipline like say um.. Geelo.. oh holy s**t..

Jan 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

A bit like watching Higgins freewheeling off a HBF, imagine those 2 in a really structured side?

I'm not even talking State of Origin grade, just a team with a tight midfield and decent discipline like say um.. Geelo.. oh holy s**t..
It would be unreal if our young mids can step up and we can have Higgo playing off half back. We are crying for a small-mid sized defender that can use the ball AND defend

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Are we sure Higgins can defend? He certainly didn't need to in the representative game.

On LG-H930 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm not sure that defending would be Shaun's go. But, if our middle was accountable enough it'd definitely work.

The best sides will have a hb who's role is to attack rather than defend.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I'm not sure that defending would be Shaun's go. But, if our middle was accountable enough it'd definitely work.

The best sides will have a hb who's role is to attack rather than defend.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Not sure Saad has ever seen his opponent if we're talking about effective rebounding HBs.

For us it’s called the Ben Jacobs effect

We will never know what damage Cunnington and Higgins could do in a final if the opposition prime mover was nullified.
Imagine Bont, Danger, Dusty having zero impact. We’d be world beaters

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You can't just say he took it easy because he had a new contract. Below par performance can be a result of about a thousand different things.
My post was in relation to him saying that North needed to come to the party in regards to the contract, i'm implying that he now needs to come to the party.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
My post was in relation to him saying that North needed to come to the party in regards to the contract, i'm implying that he now needs to come to the party.
Okay. Perhaps I'm being optimistic but I think he will. Thought he played well in that all-star game for whatever that's worth.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Okay. Perhaps I'm being optimistic but I think he will. Thought he played well in that all-star game for whatever that's worth.

I think he can hold his own against most, he put in some good performances last year. there were a few average ones to. Only one that worries me is Gawn.

We should never forget how lucky we are to have Goldy.

What struck me today is how clean he is below his knees for a ruckman. Where our smaller, more agile players were fumbling, Goldy set up at least one goal at a crucial moment by simply being clean in the moment

He rucked for 98% of the game against a really good, strong young ruckman in Marshall and an experienced, athletic ruck in Ryder, and put them in the hurt locker.

He is a monster.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
We should never forget how lucky we are to have Goldy.

What struck me today is how clean he is below his knees for a ruckman. Where our smaller, more agile players were fumbling, Goldy set up at least one goal at a crucial moment by simply being clean in the moment

He rucked for 98% of the game against a really good, strong young ruckman in Marshall and an experienced, athletic ruck in Ryder, and put them in the hurt locker.

He is a monster.

100% this.

This guy never stops and always goes again. Fans talk about gutsy hard players but this guy never stops running , contesting , giving an option , chasing/tacking.

Back