Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny stuff I'll give you that but ozzyoslo bless him, has been trying to pack off Goldstein to the abattoir since the day he was drafted.
Oh...well he's right now

Sometimes i have dreams and i cant remember what happened properly. Maybe ozzyoslo had the concept right but just couldn't remember the date.

I see Ozzy as kyle reese and judgement day is here. DarwinRoo is Dr. Silberman calling everyone a dickhead and trying to stop the trade from happening. I'm not sure which side scott and joyce are on yet. They could be T-1000's or John Connor and Arnie.

Oh...well he's right now

Sometimes i have dreams and i cant remember what happened properly. Maybe ozzyoslo had the concept right but just couldn't remember the date.

I see Ozzy as kyle reese and judgement day is here. DarwinRoo is Dr. Silberman calling everyone a dickhead and trying to stop the trade from happening. I'm not sure which side scott and joyce are on yet. They could be T-1000's or John Connor and Arnie.
Once you start ******* with the timelines, anything is possible. Which Arnie? Which John Connor? Was judgement day averted or not?

Robbie Tarrant on the trade table aswell?

Maybe.

I think that we should look at offers for most players.

There would have to be a few riders on this, I would only be looking at trading out one of these players and it would have to be for significant overs.

If Robbie was getting interest like a top 10 Pick and a player then we would be nuts not to at least consider it.

I am not sure we could trade both so it would be an either or situation as both would require the trading in of a mid range player for their position to cover their loss.

There are a few unknowns here, how aggressive is our reset, how much impact are the losses of Boomer NDS and Wells likely to be.

If either Goldy or Taz got us a Top kid from this year and a walk up starting player to our midfield who was quick and skillful, and we could replace the outgoing player with a mid range player in their position. It would have to be looked at.

In all reality we will start 2017 with both Goldy and Taz, because the cost of us parting with them is likely to be too high for other clubs. Both make us better so any trade for either would need to have a view to making us significantly better.

Last edited:
Oh...well he's right now

Who's the Sarah Connor?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would not be against trading Goldy for a minimum top 10 pick and a top 20 pick or a top 10 and a quality midfielder. Problem is if he does want to go to a contender they don't have top 10 picks nor do most quality players at a top club want to leave to come to a team rebuilding.
how would a straight swap for D Swallow look if Goldy not hell bent on going to a contender? Could make a big difference at the suns, goldy to ablett time and again.

I think the flaw in all this is that if goldy wants out we will get bent over, there is no way in hell that anyone would pay a high first and a good quality player for goldy.
If he wants out he would rightfully nominate a team in contention and they won't pay overs, to get the best you would need to send him to the Brions or someone of that ilk and they are basically in a rebuild mode so why would they want him if we don't require him.

I think the flaw in all this is that if goldy wants out we will get bent over, there is no way in hell that anyone would pay a high first and a good quality player for goldy.
If he wants out he would rightfully nominate a team in contention and they won't pay overs, to get the best you would need to send him to the Brions or someone of that ilk and they are basically in a rebuild mode so why would they want him if we don't require him.
He's contracted. If they don't offer up anything of worth he stays.

Now my eye sight isn't a good as it once was, but does that say Vickery just next to "end of mankind"? Which is fair enough of course.
That does make sense.

The time line is quite accurate.

1973 - Sarah Connor saved - keith greig wins the brownlow and we go on to win 2 premierships not long after.

1984 - kyle reese dies - north finish 6% off of the winning the wooden spoon

1996 - victory - north win the premiership

1998 - judgement day - can't remember

2004 - judgement day again - finish 10th

I'm off to the TAB to bet on us winning the spoon in 2029 and flag in 2032

Oh...well he's right now

I'm the critic who says that we should stop at T2 because T3 and Salvation are terrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back