Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought the Goldie/Preuss combo was actually working ok while we were competitive in the middle.

Think its every chance to be successful this year against lesser opposition. Probably not great news for Daw though.

Goldie/Preuss combo worked ok. Thought more of the problem was Brown being the only KPF. Leaving teams more able to double man him.

Wow! Goldie has spent years as our one and only ruck. All of a sudden we are seeing what an aggressive big man can bring to the table and now we like the thought of a guy who averages less than one contested mark a game as our new full forward. What happens when Waites fit? Drop another mid ? Wood and Daw - where they at?

Geebus I say bring back the mid season trade period :)

There wouldn't be too many Full Backs comfortable lining up on Goldy at Full Forward, more than competent in the air, nice set shot routine, and he has the tank to follow them up the ground too, embrace the new role, and mentor your successor as No 1 Ruckman.

Paul Salmon-like?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love goldy but I think we need to trade him if we r serious about rebuilding. Our only player with decent currency and preussy is a wrecking ball , doesn't have the class of Goldstein but goldy really doesn't have the physicality in his game for a bloke his size. The quicker
Pruess gets 50 games .under his belt the better

Had the physicality of a 13 year old school girl.

What the **** has happened to him?
really odd game by goldy, his strengh was marking around the ground but he stank it up in the ruck, and when browney chopped him out early in the 2nd i was thinking what happining here???

browny needs to be down forward given he has the best set shot routing in the team.

Goldy didn't play a good game at all. I don't know why everyone rates him so highly when he is clearly struggling big time with the amount of time off has had from training plus injuries

He is being monstered in the ruck, getting pushed out more often than not and not getting around the ground like in his elite days

I maybe too harsh but he is just looks like a battered, soft old man out there. It's a shame because he is a absolute super star

Goldy didn't play a good game at all. I don't know why everyone rates him so highly when he is clearly struggling big time with the amount of time off has had from training plus injuries

He is being monstered in the ruck, getting pushed out more often than not and not getting around the ground like in his elite days

I maybe too harsh but he is just looks like a battered, soft old man out there. It's a shame because he is a absolute super star
Didn't seem much between him and Witt's really - Goldy maybe a bit better in general play. Surely Preuss needs an extended run at it.

Goldy must have had Gary Ablett as his SuperCoach captain last night. Might explain why he was palming it down his throat all night
Why do you think we're waving huge money for quality midfielders........Treloar, Heeney (will end up as one), Kelly. Scott wanted contested beasts in the centre and weve developed no polished outside mids.
Scott has always back in our set up against the other teams.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back