Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously you look at his tapwork where I look at his contested marking around the ground.......
He hasn't been doing enough of it has he? Garner has more contested marks last night.
If Gold Coast had their best backs playing he wouldn't get close to a mark in the forward line.
Getting pushed out of the way too easy imo.

Had the physicality of a 13 year old school girl.

What the **** has happened to him?

When has he ever been physical??

Like I said b4 when he isnt the stand alone ruck (as in the beginning of the season) he starts to 2nd guess himself. (Ive said this all along I called it mentally weak)

Preuss will come in for another 4 week stint........get tired again >> wash, rinse, repeat.

I have to admit its very interesting to read others opinions regarding Goldstein.........it appears everyone expects him 100% of the time to get hand on ball 1st and palm it down to our mids......and really spoon feed it to them. The mids have to do their share, yeah??

When Goldy was at his best he had the ability to out leap the other ruckman at the centre bounce and put the ball to our general favour.

This plus his athleticism and ability to hit the scoreboard made him the most valuable ruckman in the competition.

Constant leg/ankle injuries have hampered his centre bounce effectiveness - he is still reasonably athletic and can push forward to kick goals - but no longer dominates hit outs like he used to.

He is still a very good ruckman but not what he used to be.

In my mind we need to push senior games into Pruess.

If that means giving Goldy 6 weeks r and r then sobeit.

Goldy would come back fresh and raring to go and Preuss will be better for the experience.

Did we watch the same game? Kruzer flogged him.

Kruzer had more possessions, more hitouts and was very effective with his follow up work and around the ground.

Goldy had next to no intensity all day.
Judging by the date I think he was talking about the Melbourne game. :p

Heart just doesn't seem in it a.t.m.

Off-field ? Injury ? Speculation only on my part but something just not right.

Surely if injury he wouldn't be playing. Pruessy more than able replacement and Maj to provide a little x.

Chocolates to boiled lollies at this stage.

Obviously you look at his tapwork where I look at his contested marking around the ground.......
His contested game has dropped off compared to 2015. His contested marking is non-existant this year to date.

Must be playing injured, looks laboured, should be spelled for Preuss. A real test for Scott in an area in the past he hasn't been great in. Player management imo.

We saw last season when Waite was hobbled and he kept playing him with little impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must be playing injured, looks laboured, should be spelled for Preuss. A real test for Scott in an area in the past he hasn't been great in. Player management imo.

We saw last season when Waite was hobbled and he kept playing him with little impact.

It makes it so much more difficult for the rest of the side when his opponent is free to do as he pleases outside of the ruck contest because Todd is cemented into the ground.

It makes it so much more difficult for the rest of the side when his opponent is free to do as he pleases outside of the ruck contest because Todd is cemented into the ground.

Don't disagree and what can we do? You aren't remotely capable of playing footy at this level if you don't take a mark and have only one kick. IF we want someone to win hit outs draft a guy 7ft plus tall.

Now Goldy can play, so clearly he is injured. He did last season use the excuse of having a bung ankle which didn't require surgery, so am assuming he is still suffering from that injury?

And we currently have a fit Preuss in solid form- no wonder I find myself extremely frustrated this season.

Just heard someone on SEN noting that on a few occasions that north didn't go up in the ruck. I thought I saw it too and if memory serves it was closeish to the middle of the ground CHB at worst.

That is in my opinion the biggest indictment, Goldy has always wanted to ruck all day, if thats the case he needs to be able to get to those contests and if he was there he was getting smashed so badly it wasn't worth going up.

So I think you will see Pruess in as Goldy clearly needs a chop out.

Just heard someone on SEN noting that on a few occasions that north didn't go up in the ruck. I thought I saw it too and if memory serves it was closeish to the middle of the ground CHB at worst.

That is in my opinion the biggest indictment, Goldy has always wanted to ruck all day, if thats the case he needs to be able to get to those contests and if he was there he was getting smashed so badly it wasn't worth going up.

So I think you will see Pruess in as Goldy clearly needs a chop out.

It was most notable late in the game and it seemed tactical, with us holding the lead and keen to bottle things up.

Had a gut full of Goldy

Ive been waiting to get even remotely close to his best form nearly 1 and a half years ago and is disappointed every week

He's been monstered by some pathetic ruckman and is no longer a extra midfielder

I blame a ankle injury and he's been playing with it ever since mid last year or he was just a flash in the pan

Rest him. Put him into surgery if he's injured, do something!

For years we have waited for Goldy to become this bullocking / contested mark type ruckman...probably as long as we have waited for Jack to become a running machine...wont happen. He is a tap ruckman who had amazing aerobic capacity..at some stage he was going to slow down..injuries and age are his enemy. Put him in front of a rolls royce midfield like GWS and he will be an asset. Expect he may form part of a trade. Deserves respect.

Goldy was in better form a few years ago when we rested him for curry in average form. Goldy couldnt get a kick in a stampede atm and is being owned in the tapwork while pruesy is literally kucking the door in and helping himself to a few sausage rolls while going about it.

Has the selection game really changed so much since then???

Iam expecting nankirvis to own him if he plays next week :-(

Gee there is some complete and utter bullshit written in this thread lately.

Poor game doesn't mean poor year.

If you are going to talk contested marking then tell me how many Thugford and Boyd have this year?

Gee there is some complete and utter bullshit written in this thread lately.

Poor game doesn't mean poor year.

If you are going to talk contested marking then tell me how many Thugford and Boyd have this year?
Not interested in those other Turkeys and their inability to take a big grab. More interested that Goldstein ain't taking those big grabs consistently this year. Anyways if you can't see that Goldstein ain't hitting the contest as hard as he could then you're posting from a position of infatuation and bias. He is playing well below his best and needs a rocket. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Back