Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

And none of the off field stuff is anyone's ******* business but his.
That's right. So don't bring it up as a defence.

People have issues in their life, but they still rock up to work and do their job.

The guy is paid $800k a year and is taking the piss with his effort levels. It's disrespectful to the club and his teammates.

:pbag his stuff and put it on skid row .

That's right. So don't bring it up as a defence.

People have issues in their life, but they still rock up to work and do their job.

The guy is paid $800k a year and is taking the piss with his effort levels. It's disrespectful to the club and his teammates.

I don't but do we wait till he is hanging from a rope before we figure out what the * is going on?

I don't but do we wait till he is hanging from a rope before we figure out what the **** is going on?

Nope, but to allow it to continue unchecked is foolhardy.

WOW you guys,

i'm the first to jump on a player no problem, but does'nt this guy have a lot of personal s**t going on???????
unlike the woman who I will not give a break, Goldy has proven to be a legit star, just having a tough time of it at the moment off field......

WOW you guys,

i'm the first to jump on a player no problem, but does'nt this guy have a lot of personal s**t going on???????
unlike the woman who I will not give a break, Goldy has proven to be a legit star, just having a tough time of it at the moment off field......

From the people who know him personally that isn't what's taken him from Bruce to Caitlyn Jenner in two years.

No.

Cannot even take simple uncontested marks.

It's truly bizarre.

He's reminding me of a sportsman completely losing the edge who is suddenly diagnosed with sight issues which surgery quickly corrects and sees him return to past deeds. If only it was that simple!

I'm not sure he does need a cuddle. What has this entire year been to him from the club but a warm reassuring cuddle while we whisper lovingly in his ear about how "He's still all that!" and "All Australian Todd, just need to find your form buddy". The coach and club for 3/4 of the season spoke him up and put faith in him. It hasn't done jack s**t. Arguably he has actually become worse. Honey isn't working so try the stick. And if the stick doesn't work then he can take his money and insert it where the sun doesn't shine and spend the rest of his days in some lovely house looking at his All Australian medal and trying to avoid seeing or hearing any mention of himself in the media because he knows what will be said about the man he allowed himself to become.
You only have to be 5-10% off in this comp and you will get shown up unlike in a job we do it wont make that much of a difference unless you are in a top league of businessmen.

If he does have personal issue it will effect that.

Think people need to lay off and I concur with Roosmad.

People are very quick to jump off the bandwagon and bag people when theyre down.

I wonder how that would have turned out if Carey said that to the club.... What I do with K Stevens isnt anyones elses business.:rolleyes:

Except that it was also Anthony Stevens business and effected the team.

At this juncture I'd rather get rid of him and play daw and pruess. At least they both offer something. I think Goldy's tap work is overrated too. He rarely gets the clear cut hitouts to advantage that pruess does.

Pruess starting ruck
Daw forward and backup
Bring in project ruck or bring back currie/pederson. Everyone i listed offers more than Goldy on current form.

O.K. This is what we do. We offer Goldy up for trade. If we only get offers of 2nd Rounders but are still obliged to pay half his contract we delist him. Then if another team wants him they pick him up for nothing but are forced to pay his whole contract. We save $$$$. If nobody picks him up we are forced to rookie him. Realising that nobody else wants him should put the proverbial rocket up Goldy and he recaptures form. Win / Win I say. :stern look
You can't delist a contracted player

On EVA-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly not delist but ship him off for the good of the club. Pruess needs a big pre season to build up his tank and he'll take the number 1 spot next season, delist daw and have brown as number 2 just like Daniher. I wouldn't be adverse trading in some spud ruckman ala tom hickey just as a back up to Pruess too.

He honestly looks like he needs to get out of the melbourne fishbowl. Now there have been numerous players who have revitalised their careers away from the spotlights of their previous homes.

Keeping things the same will only deteriorate his legacy that he has built over the last 6 seasons. I love the guy as much as the next bloke, but he needs a mental break, the media will not stop hammering him here. I think he should seriously consider a move up north.

Good of the club? How about we actually start giving a **** about the person?

We have tried that, the club stuck by him constantly this year, if personally things are so bad he shouldn't be playing. I have previously stuck up for him here and on the podcast, hoping whatever's affecting him gets sorted but it hasn't even then I'd still stick up for him but to see him giggling whilst tarrant was addressing the huddle is an indication of how much he is invested in the club, don't mind errors or poor games if the player is having a fair dinkum crack.

He needs to be hauled in to the office and asked point blank if he wants to continue playing football and if he wants to play for this club. If not then ship him to Gold Coast

Delist Goldstein?

**** me dead.
I hear ya DR. I'd be astounded if we delisted Goldy and then whacked him on the Rookie List. It would be tantamount to treason. Whatever the reason.
I've got a few mates who work right at the coal-face at NMFC, but they won't tell me what's going on behind the scenes because they reckon I divulge too much on BF. I mean, what do they expect? I'm a grown man. When they confronted me about this via an interception, I just spat near their feet & shook my head while holding the bridge of my nose. They soon got it.
Needless to say, they've apologised, as I threatened to "un-friend" them via e-mail. And this all happened during the halftime break of yesterday's game!!!! I was furious.

The way he was laughing and joking in that huddle while Taz was trying to fire the side up was irritating but didn't indicate he had head space issues. Wouldn't have mattered if we'd come out switched on either - nothing wrong with players enjoying the game. But we were switched off for the first 5 minutes and it cost us goals. And possibly the game.

I respect your opinion scotty, because I know you look at the whole picture, so what do we do with him?

His ruckwork is still very good in spurts, and better than Daws
I am sure the club is doing everything they can do to support Goldy. North has always been high on player welfare including mental wellness.
Unfortunately from the outside looking in it appears to me that Goldy has all the tell tale signs of mental illness. Lack of confidence, disinterest, body posture, massive fall from grace. etc etc.
All the help in the world cannot remedy this unless the person admits he has a problem. We can't be sure if he has admitted that somethings wrong internally to North. He has obviously not done this publicly. So therefore, we view him harshly and criticise the only the thing we can judge him on, the footballer.
If Goldy is suffering then I would implore him to come out as Cloak did, as this is sign of true strength, to admit something is not quite right. This would then change the opinion of many posters here!
I too am frustrated but would quickly change my opinion of the whole situation if in fact he was suffering with mental illness.
Whatever the issue, and there clearly is one, I hope Goldy finds a way through it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back