Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My mail was we had low incidences of injury because our training was conservative - which yes prevents as many injuries but also doesn’t improve performance to the required level to win a flag.
A lot of core strength and injury prevention exercises. Reduced risk of soft tissue injuries but it often resulted in new players taking eons to add lean muscle mass (see brad mckenzie. Took 3 years for him to be seen).
If you've heard the same stuff, can only hope we improve on the mess that was left.
giphy (6).gif

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
My mail was we had low incidences of injury because our training was conservative - which yes prevents as many injuries but also doesn’t improve performance to the required level to win a flag.

Risk.

Averse.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
The guy posts a nice picture with his family, promoting a good cause and you come out with this rubbish.

Get a grip.

Exactly. The real scorn should have been saved for those promoting walking to school but letting their kids ride scooters :mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did he really have that bad of a year or is he being judged compared to prior seasons?
A good guide for how Goldie went this year (and his prospects for the next few years) are that we supposedly got no interest in him at all in the trade period - i.e. no Victorian club wanted him or saw him as a sufficient upgrade on their current ruck stocks to part with a middle 20's to middle 30's pick (which i assume we would have wanted).

The issue is of course his salary - i assume we offered to pay a chunk of it (50% or so) and yet there was no interest in him - apparantly not a nibble. If we weren't prepared to pay a chunk of goldie's salary then it would be no surprise that no one was interested.

The sooner we move onto developing Preuss as our number 1 ruck the better off we all will be.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
A good guide for how Goldie went this year (and his prospects for the next few years) are that we supposedly got no interest in him at all in the trade period.

This is all relative to his contract.

Back