Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Told people hear that Goldstein wouldn’t be an AA Selection but not in the squad of 40 is even more of a joke.
But when you have Jakovich-WA Ex Eagles player then Gerard Healy a well known North hater since the 90s even before we went on our successful run and good ol Luke Darcy well known hater of our club.
So Goldstein had no chance.
Now I want our Chairman Mr Buckley to come out and put the Acid on the AA selectors for Goldstein not even getting Selected in the squad but knowing him he won’t have the guts to do it which why this once great club has become biggest joke in Australian sport.
We are better off bringing back Wonder Women and maybe this time he can bring his 3 white knights to help us.
Is Healy even on the selection panel or are you just having a tanty?

But when you have Jakovich-WA Ex Eagles player
This thick * didn't have Priddis in the 2014 AA team (won the Brownlow that year) and then doubled down when every reporter at the ceremony called him out on it. The bloke is definitely not a Eagles shill. If it were up to me both Goldy and NN would make the team. He was screwed over big time.

Syd winner right here.

He's been the best Ruck consistently over the last decade and it's a travesty he isn't a multiple AA.

Another dominant season that might be overlooked, as per a wider appreciation, but not at home.

Genuine gun and our best Ruckman since Dempsey.

251 games.

There is the very real possibility he'll have played the second most games For the club by the time he hangs them up.

I reckon he has 4-5 years left and at his current level of output there's every possibility he actually gets an AA bet now and his retirement.

Think he should’ve been in the squad. I thought Gawn average for majority of year. NN influence on games is pretty phenomenal.

Yeah I had Naitanui and Goldy as the two best overall.

Gawn will pop up with an absolute monster every few weeks which keeps him in the limelight though.

...and Gawn makes the 22. Farce.

It is and it should be treated as such.

I mean this is not even the worst snub of Goldy's career.

The whole thing is a big club piss ing contest.

It is and it should be treated as such.

I mean this is not even the worst snub of Goldy's career.

The whole thing is a big club piss ing contest.
Yeah it is.

No doubt the usual suspects will back the lonorf in on here, but from Round 1 he's been absolutely dominant and fell away only slightly over the last few weeks.

Clear 1 or 2 in the comp.

The whole team is awful. Martin, Bontempelli and Dangerfield as forwards??? Since when?
Since the is selected by peanut who either conflicted or have no idea. You would get the same results by getting BF users to select the squad/team. It's a joke of an award. It's not like this team goes onto play for the world championship.

I ignore it every time the AFL announce it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reilly O'Brien nailed it - NN is too lazy / unfit to get around the ground.

Still a freak, was never an endurance beast and injuries have cost him in that regard.

As the season progressed, so did the increase in time on the ground.

His tapwork and work around clearances and stoppages is unbelievably good.

Has anyone come up with any theories as to why he takes so few marks ?

Is he just slow to in-play contests? Doesn’t bother( or required) to drop back in defence? Bad eyesight?
He is pretty much an exclusive stoppage player, he is good at what he does, but useless in many other facets, gets away with with certain aspects due to having good KPP at both ends of the ground.
Maybe that's all Simmo wants him to do, who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back